DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Altitude above the takeoff point exceeds 0ft.

jimlips

Reactions
When I took off yesterday (with my MPP on a 3000ft mountain), I got the following warning once the aircraft got to 5 feet AGL:

"Altitude above the takeoff point exceeds 0ft. Always fly in compliance with altitude limitations."

This made no sense to me. Does anyone have any idea what it was really trying to say?

The altitude above the takeoff point is ALWAYS going to be above 0ft, otherwise you would be on the ground, correct?

Here is the AirData flight link if you'd like to see the Notification:

Click on the Notifications tab near the top of the page to see all the notifications.

I had four flights yesterday, and I only got this error on the first one, 4 seconds after it took off.

Reactions: hiflyer201
@jimlips i get the same sort of notification from time to time ,it has never stopped me flying and i have learnt just to ignore it ,i think it has to do with the height above sea level where you take off from and it is generated by the downwards sensors it goes away after the drone climbs out of sensor range ,i had it twice today out of 4 flights in the same location ,

Yep, me too.

I fly the MA2 and I get the message and as old man mavic has stated, it's probably above sea level (0).

My elevation is around 850 feet above sea level in my area.

Would you happen to be in controlled airspace where facilities map shows 0ft max allowed without waiver? If so, DJI might have incorporated that into their fly safe database.

@jimlips i get the same sort of notification from time to time ,it has never stopped me flying and i have learnt just to ignore it ,i think it has to do with the height above sea level where you take off from and it is generated by the downwards sensors it goes away after the drone climbs out of sensor range ,i had it twice today out of 4 flights in the same location ,
Me too, for the last 10 flights or so. Mostly Class G areas. I had an approved LAANC for a Class E yesterday at 250 ft AGL and it still came up. Ignored it.

just out of interest i looked on Airdata and it would seem that the message is a very common one all over the world

just shows how random it is flew 4 batteries today at 3 different locations no warnings at all

I wonder if it has to do with satellite acquisition. Perhaps you were below the minimum so it was attempting to limit your altitude until there were enough satellites connected.

I get the same error on occasion and am only 100 or so feet above takeoff point. Irritating at best.

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag