DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Altitude restricted

Bobvt

Reactions
Looking for a little understanding with LAANC.Hello all,in both airmail and kittyhawk when I'm putting in my mission ,I can submit no higher than 250ft.,it just won't allow me to,when I do go higher it denies the submission.Im on the outside edge of a class g, and the squares even show that my altitude is 400ft.Anybody have any ideas on this.
Thanks,
Bob

It could be a few different things:

• 1) Operator error
  • 2) A Bug in the system
  • 3) The National Airspace System is a dynamic environment and sometimes circumstances change (maintenance, special event, VIP movement etc) and an area that would normally be APPROVED is not available.

Key take away.... even a grid section that is normally GRANTED can be denied for local circumstances. Nothing is guaranteed.

It could be a few different things:

• 1) Operator error
  • 2) A Bug in the system
  • 3) The National Airspace System is a dynamic environment and sometimes circumstances change (maintenance, special event, VIP movement etc) and an area that would normally be APPROVED is not available.

Key take away.... even a grid section that is normally GRANTED can be denied for local circumstances. Nothing is guaranteed.
Being a noobie I can easily admit to pilot error BUT this is Vermont in my back yard and about a half mile inside the 5 mile radius of the airport,at which I now have flown 7 times using a laanc permission and each time it has restricted my altitude.It just doesn't make sense unless this laanc isn't accurate.

Looking for a little understanding with LAANC.Hello all,in both airmail and kittyhawk when I'm putting in my mission ,I can submit no higher than 250ft.,it just won't allow me to,when I do go higher it denies the submission.Im on the outside edge of a class g, and the squares even show that my altitude is 400ft.Anybody have any ideas on this.
Thanks,
Bob

Can you post a screen shot of AirMap showing the airspace you are in?

You know I'm a noobie, so how would I even do that, not very computer literate

Might be too much of a hassle then, so don't worry about it.

One thing that might be happening is that the area you select is too large and perhaps overlaps with a nearby square that has a lower (250 foot) altitude limit. If you were to do that, and then requested a 400 foot altitude, the request would be rejected. Make sure that when you are creating the request in AirMap that you reduce the size of the requested circle to the smallest area you want to fly in.

Might be too much of a hassle then, so don't worry about it.

One thing that might be happening is that the area you select is too large and perhaps overlaps with a nearby square that has a lower (250 foot) altitude limit. If you were to do that, and then requested a 400 foot altitude, the request would be rejected. Make sure that when you are creating the request in AirMap that you reduce the size of the requested circle to the smallest area you want to fly in.
I think you hit it right on,looking back at the sections yes I am next to a 250ft,will redo my area next flight and see what happens,thank you
Bib

Reactions: dawgpilot

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom