DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Always forgetting to remove the **** gimbal lock

I attached a small 4 inch piece of flourescent orange surveyors tape. Cut down to 1/2" wide. Impossible to miss, impossible to forget. No need at all for the big, gaudy, "REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT" silliness.
My picture was meant as a joke.

Wow, there are some logically-challenged people here. The idea I raised is a very simple principle of lockout-tagout. Imagine you have a large machine that requires repair by an electrician. To get to the problem, he has to crawl deep inside the machine. The power disconnect for the machine, however, is on the wall around the corner. What do you do to make sure the guy won’t get electrocuted? Do you put an orange ribbon on the wires he’s going to be working on, or do you tag and lock the switch on the wall?

Exuberance is an intoxicant that affects people differently, just like booze. It is somewhat of an exuberant-inducing thing to take a drone to the air. People handle exuberance differently. Folks simply react, under-react or overreact to situations based upon their nature.That's why some folks CAN be fighter pilots while others would crap their flight pants.

I think the folks forgetting the gimbal clamp, etc., are just letting their over-exuberance override their thinking at the moment: just human nature for some people we share Earth with. That's why some folks can barely remember Mardi Gras and regret it while others are sharp as knives about how their trip went.

People are just different. And the more people you meet, the more you want a dog.
Totally agree with your last sentence?

I agree. I don’t understand why removing the gimbal lock is any different than powering up the Mavic.
you mean besides the fact that the power button results in flashing lights as a pretty good clue?

Yes! I bought one a while back and it saves me so much grief than trying to fiddle with those other two pieces.

Yeah I was so glad to have it. The only reason I ended up with one is because when I opened the box and got it running the first time I accidentally threw the gimbal lock away. Ha I had watched tones of videos and knew exactly what to do but none I watched said anything about needing that piece. But I'm glad it happened because it's a lot easier to deal with.

Just reading your post and couldn’t help but smile. No matter what, I always forgot to remove the cover. I know it is a very simple thing but it was one of those things that my brain didn’t register. To fix the this issue, I simple wrote myself a sticky note “REMOVE THE COVER” and placed it on top of the drone. Every time I open the case, it’s the first thing I see. Simple yet affective.

I just added a nice long thin scarlet red ribbon to the gimbal lock. Impossible to miss as it will tangle with the propellers unless removed.

I use the lock every time I put it up. So far I have never forgotten to take it off. However the cover with lock seems to be a good idea because I really don't like the DJI gimble lock

I use the lock every time I put it up. So far I have never forgotten to take it off. However the cover with lock seems to be a good idea because I really don't like the DJI gimble lock
the covers with the locks are nice. Simpler and quicker than the factory one. I have the "giminder" from amazon. I got it after forgetting the lock twice, and getting the warning on my screen. It wont happen again. The giminder has a long red ribbon that says "dont forget the gimbal lock".

Reactions: Huge Bama Fan
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom