DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Always in "Detour Mode" Why + Log file

coboconk

Reactions
My MA2 always switches to detour mode. I attached the log file. Made sure all software is up to date. Seems to fly fine. Can somebody look at this and see if they can find anything unusual?

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-12-30_[15-26-35].txt
    4 MB · Views: 15
Typically "detour mode" is when the drone detects an obstacle and engages obstacle avoidance mode.

Reactions: Thomas B
I have detour a lot in my flight logs!? But flying at a good hight with no sun?

My MA2 always switches to detour mode. I attached the log file. Made sure all software is up to date. Seems to fly fine. Can somebody look at this and see if they can find anything unusual?

I had same issue. Drone was only a few days old so I was able to return and exchange it at Best Buy. Second drone did not have that problem. The first one would fly and stop by itself while flying in a straight line. Always stayed in Detour mode the whole flight.

I had same issue. Drone was only a few days old so I was able to return and exchange it at Best Buy. Second drone did not have that problem. The first one would fly and stop by itself while flying in a straight line. Always stayed in Detour mode the whole flight.
Yes, never did find out why it did that but the same as you, returned it and haven't had that issue since with the new one. I tried everything with the first one including recalibrating the sensors.

Yes, never did find out why it did that but the same as you, returned it and haven't had that issue since with the new one. I tried everything with the first one including recalibrating the sensors.
I think "detour mode" is tripod mode ? Your log shows that in this mode, the craft moved very slowly even if full-forward stick was applied. I suspect that the mode selection switch of the controller is not working. Did DJI replaced the controller as well ?

I think "detour mode" is tripod mode ? Your log shows that in this mode, the craft moved very slowly even if full-forward stick was applied. I suspect that the mode selection switch of the controller is not working. Did DJI replaced the controller as well ?
I took the whole unit back to the store I bought it at, got a refund and went home and reordered from them again online. yes that could have been a possibility as well but I have lots of logs from the old drone that I kept.

Here is what it was doing on three different occasions I pushed RTH, so it does seem that it was hallucinating on the way back.

Attachments

• crazy RTH.jpeg
    crazy RTH.jpeg
    114.4 KB · Views: 17
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member