Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Am I Doing it Wrong

Stealthbomber

Reaction score
I find it awkward and cumbersome to get my iPhone to plug into the controller. The little cord holder clip usually comes apart. My iPhone is not in a case. Trying to align the phone with the lightning connector is difficult. I saw a video of a guy who just let the short cord hang loose on the inside of the RC’s arm, he could easily plug his phone in and then slide it into the arm. I know it’s “whatever works for you” but whats the rule?

dtp

Reaction score
Your not alone however over time it becomes second nature so keep persevering.
I find it awkward and cumbersome to get my iPhone to plug into the controller. The little cord holder clip usually comes apart. My iPhone is not in a case. Trying to align the phone with the lightning connector is difficult. I saw a video of a guy who just let the short cord hang loose on the inside of the RC’s arm, he could easily plug his phone in and then slide it into the arm. I know it’s “whatever works for you” but whats the rule?

Moose1967

Reaction score
Try a cord that will plug into the USB slot between the controllers arms to your device

Olav van Gerven

Reaction score
two things:

first: I took the little sidecable out of the arms and simply let it hang, attach it to my phone and then put it in the amrs. Maybe not the way it was designed, but to me it works perfect

second: If you use th USB between the arms, you have to take out the side-cable, otherwise it won't work.

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I find it awkward and cumbersome to get my iPhone to plug into the controller. The little cord holder clip usually comes apart.
I removed the cord holder clip and plug my iPhone into the USB port on the bottom of the remote controller. It's also more comfortable to hold the remote controller when using a 90 degree cable like the SKYREAT Lightning cable.

Reactions: ZX14-R

DanMan32

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Your issue isn't just with an Apple and Lightning cable. I've had the same thing with my HTC. With the clip, the connection doesn't seem to go far enough to mate with the phone.

DanMan32

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
P.S. you still have to use the side port to charge or if you use your PC to update firmware.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paulo1972