DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Am I Doing it Wrong

Stealthbomber

Reactions
I find it awkward and cumbersome to get my iPhone to plug into the controller. The little cord holder clip usually comes apart. My iPhone is not in a case. Trying to align the phone with the lightning connector is difficult. I saw a video of a guy who just let the short cord hang loose on the inside of the RC’s arm, he could easily plug his phone in and then slide it into the arm. I know it’s “whatever works for you” but whats the rule?

Your not alone however over time it becomes second nature so keep persevering.
I find it awkward and cumbersome to get my iPhone to plug into the controller. The little cord holder clip usually comes apart. My iPhone is not in a case. Trying to align the phone with the lightning connector is difficult. I saw a video of a guy who just let the short cord hang loose on the inside of the RC’s arm, he could easily plug his phone in and then slide it into the arm. I know it’s “whatever works for you” but whats the rule?

Try a cord that will plug into the USB slot between the controllers arms to your device

two things:

first: I took the little sidecable out of the arms and simply let it hang, attach it to my phone and then put it in the amrs. Maybe not the way it was designed, but to me it works perfect

second: If you use th USB between the arms, you have to take out the side-cable, otherwise it won't work.

I find it awkward and cumbersome to get my iPhone to plug into the controller. The little cord holder clip usually comes apart.
I removed the cord holder clip and plug my iPhone into the USB port on the bottom of the remote controller. It's also more comfortable to hold the remote controller when using a 90 degree cable like the SKYREAT Lightning cable.

Reactions: ZX14-R
Your issue isn't just with an Apple and Lightning cable. I've had the same thing with my HTC. With the clip, the connection doesn't seem to go far enough to mate with the phone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom