DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Am I going to be lag-free using an Iphone 6?

avillax

Reactions
Long story short: I just bought a Mavic Pro for Christmass and I'm very dissapointed: I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S5 and I get lag as soon as I start flying the mavic, I can't see anything and it gets all pixelated.

I was about to buy a new phone that I don't need just for the Mavic when my parents told me they are going to give me an iphone 6 they no longer use.

Will I be fine with an iphone 6?

Mine works fine. Have no apps running, and put it in airplane mode for best results

Not sure about six as far as age but I would think you’d be good. My 7+ works great and like acOj I close all apps when flying.

That's how I started Samsung S5. Had the same issue. I stated using an IPhone 6. Never had a problem. Now I use an a mini 4.

I used a 6 when I first got got my mavic. Have since got hold of a 7+ that a family friend wasn’t using. Have had no problem with either.

@avillax, try setting up your phone like this before trying a different mobile device.

Used my iPhone 6 both in the USA and flying in Britain and have had no problems what so ever. You could also look through the posts on the "Wunderphone".

@avillax, try setting up your phone like this before trying a different mobile device.

Thank you so much, today I flew the Mavic without lag on my Samsung S5, I followed the guide you told me, although I actually didn't do many changes since I had already applied some stuff such as the cache stuff.

Also today the Mavic downloaded some firmware update, I don't know exactly what it was.

Also I used an ND4 filter for the lens, don't know if that had anything to do with it, but the result was no lag at all.

Long story short: I just bought a Mavic Pro for Christmass and I'm very dissapointed: I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S5 and I get lag as soon as I start flying the mavic, I can't see anything and it gets all pixelated.

I was about to buy a new phone that I don't need just for the Mavic when my parents told me they are going to give me an iphone 6 they no longer use.

Will I be fine with an iphone 6?
Just started with platinum, first drone and got a Ipad Mini which works great especially when your an old fart like me with crook sight.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu