DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Am I in the wrong?

Find the local FAA guy and show them your stuff. They will agree you are right and then you can sleep well and even return fire over the internet against the nutcase if that suits you.

ps: all that said: in times of National Emergency or Special circumstances, photography can be denied by presidential order... but I haven't heard anything about such measures being generally taken. They exist at high security bases like those in Nevada... but not in places like Phoenix, San Diego, etc.
Ive heard You have to get permission to take pics in a control room of a ship and never take pics of an engine room but taking a picture of a ship is a national hobby, just like those that paint them. The Navy has ships it doesnt want you to see and they keep those underwater and call them submarines. Dont try this near an Airforce base though

He's "done" trying to explain to me (in blue), and I can tell it to the FAA, according to him (in RED). I'm just sharing partly for the lols, but also so I have a thread to pull from IF by some chance I do hear from the FAA, in addition to the FB screen grabs.

View attachment 144587
Seeing this screenshot angers me in ways nobody would never understand

Me personally if somebody threatens to call those FAA people on me I'm not letting it slide

I'm not a peaceful person
I would get my dad involved since I probably couldn't handle talking about FAA stuff to finish him off

Ive heard You have to get permission to take pics in a control room of a ship and never take pics of an engine room but taking a picture of a ship is a national hobby, just like those that paint them. The Navy has ships it doesnt want you to see and they keep those underwater and call them submarines. Dont try this near an Airforce base though
Almost 50 years ago, I was an airman on a Royal Air Force base in Germany which was part of NATO. I was an engineer in charge of weekend watches on surface to air guided missile systems. I had just bought myself a new camera and, one very boring Sunday, took some photos of the missiles for my own personal" testing" of the camera. A massive no-no, even for authorised personnel. I processed the photos myself and was really pleased with the results. The photos were put away in a box and barely looked at over the next few decades. NB, the system was located on the outer perimeter track of the airfield and could easily be seen from a public road and fields. The missile system has since been retired, the missiles are in museums and in a couple of locations the hulks of the Radars can be found abandoned in farmers fields, but, all these years later, and having signed the official secrets act as a teenager, I still do not show the photos to anyone out of a sense of duty and also for fear of retribution🤣 Now they are pleasant reminders of my days of youth defending Europe against, guess who?, the Russians!

I dont know much about ships, but I suspect the really important stuff is inside, under water or under some kind of Radome cover. What you can see is just the metalwork that carries it all.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser