DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Am I The Only One That Doesn't Put My Phone Into Airplane Mode?

I have never done it and have about 50 hours of flight time.....

Sure I have had a few disconnects at long distances etc and a few app crashes... but still... Just wonder if I'm in the minority here.

Also with a mini and a air 2 flying on a Android s8, s20 ultra and a work iPhone 8 I have only been exposed to the fly app...
I dont and i did not know that i need to go airplane mode when flying. Bit si far ni crash app here. I’m using iphone xr

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
I use a dedicated mobile with it's own SIM, number not known to anyone but me. No calls or interruptions and no problems with the Mini other than the usual interference. I have tried airplane mode but get the same interference as I do with everything enabled.

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider

Sure I have had a few disconnects at long distances etc and a few app crashes... but still... Just wonder if I'm in the minority here.

Also with a mini and a air 2 flying on a Android s8, s20 ultra and a work iPhone 8 I have only been exposed to the fly app...
No.

Never do.

I don't because I am afraid I will miss the call from the dear lady in India who has ten million dollars to donate to a worthy, God fearing person since she has been diagnosed with a terminal illness and God told her I was the one ! Ever since I got her email I have been waiting.
Get in line buddy - she called me first ??

I thought it was there for drone fliers only.

Didn’t know this was needed. I’ve only had my mavic pro 1 for a couple of weeks but never put my iPhone XR in airplane mode to fly.

No, but I use a dedicated phone with a data only SIM (Pixel 2 Google Fi). Refurbished ones go for ~$100.

wifi of the mobile/ tablet operates on the same frequency range 2,4 and 5,8 GHz as MA2 does, they could interfere, so I better switch off the wifi

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_