DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

American Drone Security Act - Part Duex

spsphotos

Reactions

So what I'm gathering from the reading is that the government wants to prohibit federal funds and agencies and military from purchasing or using drones made in foreign countries. This is not uncommon. We had a large federal data center constructed in Utah a few years ago and one of the specifications was that most if not all parts and equipment had to be manufactured or assembled in the USA. That seems to be a common requirement for most Federal construction projects.

As for the effect I may feel as a recreational drone users is DJI may have more competition but the companies may focus on providing drones for Federal use. I guess time will tell.

Reactions: BigAl07
As for the effect I may feel as a recreational drone users is DJI may have more competition but the companies may focus on providing drones for Federal use. I guess time will tell.
The issue is that if this goes through (we'll be fighting it at www.DSPAlliance.org), many First Responders and Search and Rescue organizations will not be able to use Federal Funds to purchase or maintain their DJI or Autel fleets.

They will be forced to purchase inferior UAS for inflated prices. And they can (& likely will) cost actual lives. There have been many, many verifiable uses of UAS technology to save lives. And the vast majority of them have been successful because of DJI drones.

I'm all for U.S. companies getting in line with DJI when it comes to price and quality. But that needs to be done via working with those companies via grants and such, not via sanctions and restrictions that are political in nature, and will cost American lives.

DJI probably has some secret software kill switch buried inside all of our machines so that in the event the US government cuts all ties with DJI, they drop our drones like a rock.?

• Haha
Reactions: Rmcolon
Reactions: CactusJackSlade
Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rejdmast