DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

An amazing video. Can somebody tell me how to make this?

Truman

Reactions
I saw an amazing video on youtube (a video contest channel).
I know drone can shoot time-lapse photography, I have tried it a few times, but how can it be so stable?

Does anyone know how this can be done?
Our company will have new buildings recently, and I want to do like this.

There are youtube tutorials where people have done buildings going up in a timelapse from a drone.

Firstly, pic a day when it's not windy to get a hyperlapse. Use the waypoints feature to plot the path you want to fly and save it for repeating later.

Secondly, a hyperlapse is a series of still photographs. A lot of people use Adobe lightroom to correct all of the images for exposure and colour, then use Adobe Premiere Pro to combine the images and smooth out the hyperlapse with top class results.

I would say the best you can do on the drone is to fly the hyperlapse at the same time of day, in the same sort of light and on a calm day. Get it to save in RAW format if your drone allows that. The rest is in post production on your computer.

Reactions: Truman
Legally, in America, you wouldn't be able to do exactly what this guy did because, first, he flew well over 400' altitude to get some of his shots. That might be legal in other countries but not here. Secondly, he flew directly over a large crowd of people, also a no-no here. The most impressive thing about that video is the patience the guy had to keep going there for obviously many months, maybe a year or more to get the shots he needed. That's dedication! Thanks for sharing, very interesting.

I agree, that was amazing and his patience in doing that footage over months is awesome.

There are youtube tutorials where people have done buildings going up in a timelapse from a drone.

Firstly, pic a day when it's not windy to get a hyperlapse. Use the waypoints feature to plot the path you want to fly and save it for repeating later.

Secondly, a hyperlapse is a series of still photographs. A lot of people use Adobe lightroom to correct all of the images for exposure and colour, then use Adobe Premiere Pro to combine the images and smooth out the hyperlapse with top class results.

I would say the best you can do on the drone is to fly the hyperlapse at the same time of day, in the same sort of light and on a calm day. Get it to save in RAW format if your drone allows that. The rest is in post production on your computer.

Thank you very much for the tutorials provided !
I have actually used these methods(Adobe AE),
But When I hover to shoot time-lapse, The results of deflicker are not very good.
So I think the video I post must be have some tricks.

I agree with his patience, too.
If this is a work by Studio, don't know how much it will cost?

How do you know he went there for a month?

The youtube's Video description mentions "...recorded the reconstruction of an elementary school sports field over several months. "

Reactions: MaxE1955!
Thank you very much for the tutorials provided !
I have actually used these methods(Adobe AE),
But When I hover to shoot time-lapse, The results of deflicker are not very good.
So I think the video I post must be have some tricks.
They could be using ReelSteady. I know blastr uses it for his videos if you follow him.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
espinafre