DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

An ideal Tablet.

I have the tripltek which is great however it's very heavy so I only use it on my Mavic zoom for commercial work. On all others I use my 5 inch crystal sky which works with all my DJI drones with litchi. The fly app will not load on this older unit but litchi is better anyway.

I’m currently using the Tripltek Pro 7” and the iPad Mini 6. I need both operating systems as my work flow requires packages that are not supported by both or not fully featured in both.

The Tripltek is indeed bulky, it is billed as a “first responder” type device after all. It’s meant to be used by people wearing gloves etc. It is as a result a very robust device.

The Mini 6 like all Apple devices is a joy to use. The screen can wash out somewhat in bright sunlight but like someone else here I use a hoodman where needed. I’ve had to use the hoodman on the Tripltek when flying from vessels out to sea for that matter also.

Previous to the Mini 6 I had the Mini 5 which with an A12 processor would be more than able to run Fly or any other app currently in use. Unlike the mini 4 (A 8 processor, same as an iPhone 6) I never had any overheating, overloading or screen dimming issues even in the Australian summer months.

You will need a holder for just about any of the them being realistic about it.

Regards
Ari

I have an ipad mini 5. Excellent but needs an adapter. I believe the mini 4 is ok. Did some research a while back. Mini 4 came out well in reviews but opted for the 5. Just remember, the smart device compass is used for the radar display so get a device that has auto compass calibration for the smart device, otherwise you can end up with incorrect radar display. This calibration is seperate from the aircraft compass calibration.
Ipad screen will start to go dim after a while,it can't sustain the brightness.

Samsung tab S6 here, the 867p Verizon model.
Works great, has GPS the OLED is bright at around 600nits.
470 grams so not lightweight but manageable. These are starting to price below 300 in great used shape. I paid 259 on ebay no PEN or case. Found a $29 gesture compatible Bluetooth pen. The keyboard cases are $20 on eBay too. Both DJI FLY & LYCHEE run fine using my mini 2.

I use the latest model, iPad mini 6 with Hoodman sun shade. It works flawlessly. I always close ALL other apps before I launch DJI Fly so that it is the only app running.
"I always close ALL other apps before I launch DJI Fly so that it is the only app running."
Agreed - That's why I think that a dedicated (iOS or Android) device is better. It can be stripped down as far as the number of Apps its supporting.

Reactions: LakeTravis
HELP me with these processing terms please.

Does the Samsung Galaxy Tab Active3 have 64bit architecture please? How do you find out?

I understand it has a Octa-core (4x2.7 GHz Mongoose M3 & 4x1.7 GHz Cortex-A55) processor. Is this 64bit to run the Fly App?

Perfect size!!

HELP me with these processing terms please.

Does the Samsung Galaxy Tab Active3 have 64bit architecture please? How do you find out?

I understand it has a Octa-core (4x2.7 GHz Mongoose M3 & 4x1.7 GHz Cortex-A55) processor. Is this 64bit to run the Fly App?

Perfect size!!

Attachments

• t3a.jpg
    t3a.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 8
Thanks for that, so it IS 64bit and will therefore run the Fly App 😁 I will bid on it!

By the way, where did that image come from? Useful tool to have for future reference!

That's HUGE and ½Kg weight hanging on the top of the RC 🥴
Is is, but weight wise it’s no issue if you have the correct tablet holder and use an appropriate lanyard. The larger view is a massive improvement and, imo, makes flying much more pleasurable. But each their own I guess.

Oh well, just bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0". Checked that it is 64bit so hopefully it'll run the Fly APP.
Physical size 7.82 x 5.31 x 0.22 inches (198.6 x 134.8 x 5.6 mm)

Which would be the best adapter to fit the Mini 2 RC please?

Thanks for that, so it IS 64bit and will therefore run the Fly App 😁 I will bid on it!

By the way, where did that image come from? Useful tool to have for future reference!
Yes I use the tab 3 active with my Air 2S and really enjoy the larger screen when flying. PS the screen shop came from Samsungs web site.

Hey cheddar-man, I'm not sure if this is available on the other side of the pond but it is small, inexpensive, sturdy, doesn't interrupt or mess with the single (plastic) and fits in your pocket. I'm using one with my MM2 and MA2 and so far it's working out real good.

Reactions: Tufargon
Hey cheddar-man, I'm not sure if this is available on the other side of the pond but it is small, inexpensive, sturdy, doesn't interrupt or mess with the single (plastic) and fits in your pocket. I'm using one with my MM2 and MA2 and so far it's working out real good.

That's what I use and it works great.

Reactions: March411
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0-inch comes with Wi-Fi only and LTE-enabled versions. Specs include Super AMOLED panel with a resolution of 1536 by 2048 pixels, a 64-bit Exynos 7 Octa 5433 SOC, paired with 3GB of RAM, 64/32GB of integrated storage space, a microSD card slot, touch-enabled fingerprint scanner built into the home buttons, an 8MP primary camera, and a 2.1MP secondary sensor on the front. The tablet is powered by 4000mAh battery and runs Android 5.0.

Hopefully this will work. Also bought THIS VERY SIMPLE ADAPTER to mount it.

The Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0-inch comes with Wi-Fi only and LTE-enabled versions. Specs include Super AMOLED panel with a resolution of 1536 by 2048 pixels, a 64-bit Exynos 7 Octa 5433 SOC, paired with 3GB of RAM, 64/32GB of integrated storage space, a microSD card slot, touch-enabled fingerprint scanner built into the home buttons, an 8MP primary camera, and a 2.1MP secondary sensor on the front. The tablet is powered by 4000mAh battery and runs Android 5.0.

Hopefully this will work. Also bought THIS VERY SIMPLE ADAPTER to mount it.
you are going to enjoy the larger screen. 😊

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada