DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anamorphic lens from Freewell... for Mavic Air 2 - Anyone tried it yet?

I've seen some positive reviews of this anamorphic lense on some drone YouTube channels that I like. But I am hesitant to add yet another variable into the mix when I am such a beginner. For example I'm not sure how it'd interact with shooting in D-cinelike and whether I can seamlessly mix footage shot with and without the lense in a single project.

I did a shoot this past weekend with the Freewell Anamorphic lens. The only drawback I see is that quick motion with the camera quickly gets out of focus. You can see that when I'm flying low along the water and the trees get blurry as I turn. Any distortion at the edges is hard to detect. In post, I nudged saturation and contrast up to help the image. I feel like almost everything coming from the MA2 is a little flat, though.

Biggest challenge for me was that I'm new to post, so learning Davinci and trying to understand clip size, desqueeze and project size was difficult since it's not real well documented for Anamorphic lenses.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hey everyone! First public video with my first drone. Check out the Fall colors at Lake Dexter County Park, Wood County, WI. Shot on MA2 with a Freewell Anamorphic lens, post in Davinci Resolve. There's a few places where I wish I'd been just a bit smoother/slower with the controls.Would appreciate any other constructive feedback.

Last edited:
Reactions: d-rive
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llMUTTZZll