DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

And now they come out with another Mavic Enterprise...

MichaelDiggs

Reactions
Looks like DJI is sticking with their Mavic form format for a while. Having multiple drones all using the same form factor really saves them money. Anyway the Enterprise model is supposed to out, but I do not see it anywhere. If DJI is stirctly marketing this drone for commercial use they have another thing coming, since most buyers I bet would be recreational because of the price. I have read you can use the same batteries, which is good. Since $119 a pop adds up. So, anyone here thinking of grabbing the Enterprise model?

the Enterprise model is supposed to out, but I do not see it anywhere
You won't see it for sale on DJI's website. It can only be purchased directly from an authorized DJI dealer.

It's not a significant cost uplift over the original model but, realistically, if all you want to do is shoot images and/or video I'm not seeing much casual use for any of the currently announced add-ons to make it worth while except the strobe for night-fliers, and there are already cheaper third party solutions for that. Extending that to potential future add-on modules, then perhaps a flash-unit or LED lighting panel might be useful for some scenarios (someone already modded a drone to work as an airborne off-camera flash with some excellent results), and assuming the interface supports it, the ability to bolt-on an additional battery for an extended flight time is pretty obvious.

YMMV, but I don't need any extra battery life for what I'm doing at present (I think my longest single mission flight is probably ~15 minutes or so), and while having an on-board flash/LED panel might be useful on occassion it's probably not something I'd use more than a few times, so right now I'd probably still go with an M2P rather than the M2E as it's one less thing that can go wrong. Assuming this is going to be a standard interface across several generations of Mavic (and Phantom too, maybe?) and develops into a thriving market of third party add ons, then I'll definitely consider it carefully when I next upgrade though - assuming it's not a standard feature by then, of course!

The Enterprise is a Mavic 2 Zoom that costs $750 more for a speaker, lights and a strobe. I would call that cost lift significant.

It's not so much the bundled S&R optimised add-ons as was thinking about so much as the potential of the expansion port for third party add-ons. Assuming that the port is flexibile enough and the add-on market develops as DJI no doubt hopes it will, then that $750 uplift (less if they offer an unbundled version) could let the Mavic achieve things that currently require much higher spec drones. The M2E starts to look like very good value for money when your alternatives are high-end hexacopters and custom drones.

As I said though, YMMV and it's not likely to be much use for hobbyists, or even pros that only shoot conventional photos/video - at least with the currently available add-ons. If, however, you're working commercially on the kind of work that requires one an M2E + add-on or a much more expensive drone setup, then there's a pretty good chance that you'll be seeing a positive RoI pretty quickly, which is the whole point of commercial work.

Reactions: wisesafe
Retail for batteries went up from $119 to I believe $139 one month after release of the M2 series.

Retail for batteries went up from $119 to I believe $139 one month after release of the M2 series.

I know companies need to profit and make money but price gauging on small accessories puts a bitter taste in my mouth.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostseb