DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Android 10 or 11 best build of the Fly app?

Frank Dracman

Reactions
I am picking up a Samsung a30 because it doesn't look like dji will ever get it right with Andoid 12 or 13 at least not on the Pixel. I understand it's not on the USELESS approved list but than the Pixel is and it DOESN’T work. I can't find any info on the a30 but I have seen people using the a40 and it's virtually the same except screen size. It appears each build of the app has its own issues (great work dji 😡). What version is best for Android 10 and what is best for Android 11 (I'm not sure which the phone will have). If it has the option of 10 or 11 is one better than the other (it will only be for this app)? What are some of you using and what are some of the issues?

Samsung Galaxy A51 phone with Android 12 and latest Fly app: no issues

The new app appears to function with a Samsung A30 with OS 11. So remember the answer for the fact that dji doesn't know how to write software is..... buy an old phone. I'm sure when we're all forced to buy electric cars we'll all go thru the same type of thing at least if dji writes the software. If you get a flat you'll have to find an old tire or your car won't start.

I am picking up a Samsung a30 because it doesn't look like dji will ever get it right with Andoid 12 or 13 at least not on the Pixel. I understand it's not on the USELESS approved list but than the Pixel is and it DOESN’T work. I can't find any info on the a30 but I have seen people using the a40 and it's virtually the same except screen size. It appears each build of the app has its own issues (great work dji 😡). What version is best for Android 10 and what is best for Android 11 (I'm not sure which the phone will have). If it has the option of 10 or 11 is one better than the other (it will only be for this app)? What are some of you using and what are some of the issues?
Fly and Go4 work perfectly on my Pixel device running android 12.

Fly works on Android 13, Go4 does not as yet.

Both work perfectly on my AOSP Android 12 Samsung tablet as well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saikiran Villa