DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Android 11

It's always handy to keep a smaller Android tablet around for these occasions.
I had a smaller Android tablet I used for the Zoom. Then DJI introduced a new front end program for the Mini that will not run on that smaller android tablet. Is that PROGRESS?

Received the following via Twitter DM:

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. The issue you reported is caused by the fact that the current DJI Fly app is not compatible with the newly launched official version of Android 11, which was released on September 9. DJI, like other third-party software providers, is working hard to release an app version that is compatible with Android 11 as soon as possible to minimize the impact on your daily use. Android 11 will be supported by the DJI Fly app v1.1.8, which has been phase released and is expected to launch on September 13.
Thank you ?

I downloaded Litchi to my Pixel3 with Android 11, seems to work. I am getting disconnects. I think it may be my connection.

I recommend that if you haven't updated from 10 to 11, just don't. I found that my screen froze in another app. Froze so solid that no button or finger sliding could get it unfrozen. I resorted to discharging my Pixel 3 and then restarting.

I recommend that if you haven't updated from 10 to 11, just don't. I found that my screen froze in another app. Froze so solid that no button or finger sliding could get it unfrozen. I resorted to discharging my Pixel 3 and then restarting.
I am definitely not thrilled with some of the Android 11 upgrades (?????). If it were not a pain, I would roll back to 10.

I upgraded Pixel 2 XL to 11 yesterday and DJI Fly was broke. That made me use Litchi beta and it worked great. After seeing and reading this post I checked DJI Fly and it was updated to v1.1.8 so I fired it up and it works. I'm looking forward to not having to use a 3rd party screen recorder app.

I did multiple restarts - don't know if that makes any difference.

Hmm, I am installing this now on my s20 u.... Anyone else using 11 with the fly app.. hopefully it still isn't broken..

I had a smaller Android tablet I used for the Zoom. Then DJI introduced a new front end program for the Mini that will not run on that smaller android tablet. Is that PROGRESS?
Yes when you consider 32bit can go only so far. Eventually Go4 will have to go 64bit, unless DJI is retiring it. I hope not though, I prefer it over Fly. Fly is fine for MM and MA, but too simplified for the likes of M2.

Galaxy S20? Samsung hasn't pushed 11 to them yet. At least not to the FE.
yah, i have a Samsung Galaxy s20 ultra. I finished the install that Verizon pushed out i guess this week and the fly app opens and works. Haven't flown yet though will do that later today.

I have the unlocked version of FE. Usually unlocks get updates first, since it doesn't have to go through carrier development.

After looking around, there is conflicting information on whether or not A11 and the DJI Fly app are getting along well. Most answers are months old. The question was posed on the DJI forum yesterday. It would seem, according to the respondent, that issues still exist between Android 11 and the Fly app.
I like the native screen recorder A11 offers. I need the Fly app to work more than I want the A11's new features. Though having both would be nicest of all. Am I just being greedy?
More importantly, is there recent confirmation of Android 11 and the DJI Fly app playing well together.

Thank you,
Signed Conflicted

Last edited:
I don't get it. The dji fly is a simplified version of go, but for people who still have no idea what they are doing. But it requires a 64-bit phone and it only sends back 720p live video. Come on guys, at least make it 32 bit so we don't have to rush out and get all new devices. And then the upgrade to android 11 in which the thing is no longer working. Gee whiz.

I've never had an issue between Android 11 and the Fly app. I have had both running happily on a Galaxy S10 for a while now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll