DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Android 11

jgallagher66

Reactions
Android 11 was released today (not the beta) but I'm skeptical to try in on my Pixel 3. I had the Android 11 beta and the Pixel 3 would not work with the DJI Fly app. That phone broke and my Pixel 3 replacement with Android 10 works with DJI Fly. Anyone try Android 11 yet on a Pixel or other Android phone? I heard Android 11 might be available on non Pixel phones.

I have a dedicated Android phone for my MM, and it is working very well, which means, it will NOT get any upgrades of any kinds.

Reactions: Phill and Thomas B
DO NOT upgrade to Android 11 Beta. I've made the mistake and now I'm screwed in that DJI FLY will not run on my Pixel 3 XL.

Downgrading from Android 11 Beta back to 10 is a major pain (wipes your phone) so it looks like I won't be flying until DJI updates DJI Fly.

Absolutely great! I up dated to Android 11 this morning then this thread pops up this afternoon to say there maybe a problem, sure enough the app won't even open up ? lucky I've got a second phone that should be on the older android 10 so hopefully I can dedicate to just the dji app​

I am now grounded, Pixel 2 with Android 11. Ridiculous that DJI didn't get their act together in time for this.

Can take a while. I’d recommend a dedicated device from the list published by DJI or the one from Mavic help.
Sorry, you are missing the point, and this comment is totally unhelpful.

DJI messed up on this, pure and simple.

By the way, I am using a recommended device from the list, as well as an Android version from the list,

Reactions: dabendan
I'm wondering how hard it will be for DJI to setup android 11 preview build emulator to see how their app behaves. The problem can be foresee several months ago.

Btw, I like this sentence "DJI messed up on this, pure and simple."

It's always handy to keep a smaller Android tablet around for these occasions.

Sorry, you are missing the point, and this comment is totally unhelpful.

DJI messed up on this, pure and simple.

By the way, I am using a recommended device from the list, as well as an Android version from the list,
An interesting opinion.. sort for your difficulty. The rest you know.

Android 11 was released today (not the beta) but I'm skeptical to try in on my Pixel 3. I had the Android 11 beta and the Pixel 3 would not work with the DJI Fly app. That phone broke and my Pixel 3 replacement with Android 10 works with DJI Fly. Anyone try Android 11 yet on a Pixel or other Android phone? I heard Android 11 might be available on non Pixel phones.
I have updated my Pixel 3 XL to the public release of Android 11 yesterday. BOTH DJI GO AND DJI GO 4 DO NOT WORK. Both apps crash on startup. Currently trying to get my old phone running just to fly my mavic

If Go, Go 4, and Litchi stopped working, it's something at the base DJI library level that broke. Might be a permissions issue os something as simple as a reliance on the v1 Map library. That would bring the app top a hard stop in Android 11. It's kind of a good thing that Litchi broke, they'll be putting pressure on DJI to fix this. Otherwise, Litchi is dead in the water for new Android phones.

Well litchi got back to me
83b3467cf28f70be1744c06816bb02ea.jpg

Reactions: dawgpilot
Received the following via Twitter DM:

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. The issue you reported is caused by the fact that the current DJI Fly app is not compatible with the newly launched official version of Android 11, which was released on September 9. DJI, like other third-party software providers, is working hard to release an app version that is compatible with Android 11 as soon as possible to minimize the impact on your daily use. Android 11 will be supported by the DJI Fly app v1.1.8, which has been phase released and is expected to launch on September 13.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31