DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Android and DJI Go 4

heo3480

Reactions
Hi All

I have been trying to get my Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 to connect to my Mavic with the DJI GO 4 app but it keeps saying disconnected.

I have put the phone in developer mode and enabled debugging
I have cleared the cache under settings/apps

Every time I'm promoted with permissions for the USB connection and what App should be the one in charge GO or GO4 (I need the DJI GO app for my OSMO)

I have tried with an iPhone 6 and that works flawlessly

Anyone knows what is going on?

I had a bad cable that couldn't keep a connection. Try plugging in through the bottom port of the RC wth your full size cable just to rule that out

For Android has to be plugged into the bottom USB for stability. Agree with Dayy, try bottom and different cable (bottom USB first)

Reactions: Kiowa
Looked at it, what cable should be used isn't it micro USB in both ends Mavic and phone?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using MavicPilots mobile app

For now, don't use the short cable, use your phones charging cable and plug it into the bottom of the RC

Hehe, just released there is a USB port in the controller between the arms

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using MavicPilots mobile app

For Android has to be plugged into the bottom USB for stability. Agree with Dayy, try bottom and different cable (bottom USB first)
Wow thankyou so much . Ive been nearly crying because my apps kept crashing even litchi . I was on my way to buy an iPad mini then I read this . You've just saved me £250 . Done a test and flew for 20 minutes and had no problems at all doing it this way . Thanks again [emoji16]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using MavicPilots mobile app

hmm, it has used my phone cable and plugged the cable into the controller and the phone but nothing happens.

What settings need to be enabled in developer options. really strange. The DJI GO app does not work either.

Yes, no other cables are plugged in.
Here is what happens when the USB cable is plugged in the phone

I found a solution by uninstalling DJI GO and only use DJI GO 4

Now I installed DJI GO in second space on my phone, as I still need it for my OSMO mobile.

All is good now, thanks for your advice.

A tip, from what I gather, you cannot run one app if the other is running in the background. Best to pick only 1 dji go app.
I chose DJIGO4.

My Galaxi tab a (t280) when connected to bottom usb port on Mavic controller displays a red x over battery level icon on tablets display. I realize controller is not meant to charge displays but this is the o ly Android device I own that does that. Is this normal?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emilybrown24