DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Android Compatibility

Reactions
I recently bought an Android tablet from Amazon. It is powered by Android Oreo v.8.1. I loaded the DJIGo4 ap and tried to use it with my Mavic Pro Plaitnum. It says the aircraft is not connected and I am not getting any visual of the aircraft camera on the screen. The GPS location nd other flight information seem accurate. Just no live video. Any suggestions? Works with my IPad. Is it in the operating system? I use my IPAd for business and didn’t want to chance damaging it.

If you're getting AC telemetry, it should not be saying it's disconnected.

Be sure not to confuse RC disconnected vs AC disconnected. App is better at distinguishing the two than it used to.

the message banner on the top of the ap says aircraft disconnected. I am using the USB port in the RC to link the tablet since the side port is very vulnerable and had to be replaced once in order to charge my controller

You won't get telemetry if AC is disconnected. Also AC disconnected refers to RC to AC communication. RC itself should indicate signal loss.

Now one can get poor signal.

The RC either says beginner mode which i chose for default, or ATTI mode, I was able to fly but could not see what the camera saw. Wondered if it was in the compatibility of the software with DJIgo4

I've got an Android tablet running version 10 and have been using DJI Go 4 for many months with no issues. I wonder why your RC says "ATTI" mode when that only happens when it can't find enough GPS satellites. Mine always say "GPS". Not sure what would cause your problem.

RC LCD display might show ATTI initially as it warms up and acquires GPS satellites. Without GPS the alternative is VPS but if VPS is turned off or insufficient light, then without GPS all you have left is ATTI.
App will probably show "cannot fly" in red when in ATTI as it's not recommended to fly in ATTI.

Go4 is compatible with Android Oreo.

Is the USB port of the Kindle avalable for host and is the ADB mode for the USB port swicthed on?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom