DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Android or Apple?

DJI Ferrari

Reactions
So I am making a list on stuff to get on Feb 1st for my new Mavic Pro and one of the things I wanna get is a full HD tablet but need to ask.
What do you pilots recommend? Ipad 10" or Android 10", and to be honest I don't even know if android makes a full HD Android. My spending limit for the tablet will be $275
Low I know and wil limit my options like walking into sears expecting to but with 1 dollar lol but its what I will have for it because the rest is going to a carrying case, more batteries, lenses for the camera, landing pad and so on. All in all my budget for everything is about $600

Android is an operating system, not a hardware manufacturer. That said, most decent Android-based tablets, regardless of manufacturer, offer displays that are at least "full HD," if not higher resolution.

I know Apple's marketing department would have you believe their hardware is better than everyone else's, but the truth of the matter is that they buy their displays from the same companies that supply everyone else.

I generally prefer Samsung phones, but I do own an iPad Pro for a tablet. I would check both of those makers and see what is in your price range.

Last year's iPad Pro, which is what I have, is $650. It has among the brightest displays and has a processor fast enough to edit 4k video from the Mavic Pro: Buy iPad Pro 10.5-inch

Ditched android and bought a used iphone 6s plus for 200 and it worked great dropped it one night and shattered the screen so i bit the bullet and bought a new 8plus from att. These are the first iphones i ever used i was solid android but after doin alot of reading i had to make the switch for my mav2.

From what I've read, the DJI products, in general, perform best with Apple devices. There have even been articles written discussing this fact. The fly in the ointment will be your monetary limitation. Apple products will cost more.

Reactions: fleurdelisxliv
If you get the right Android device you’re golden though. I was 100% Android but switched to the dark side a year ago.

But, wanting a dedicated flying tablet and not wanting to pay for the fruity logo I tested Go4 with my little boy’s Huawei Mediapad M3 8 Lite and it worked really well.

Nice screen, very light and well built so that’s what I got. No lag, nice and easy to use and a good 50% cheaper than even a base model iPad.

I have also flown plenty with my iPhone X and XS Max and see no realty difference in user experience.

From what I've read, the DJI products, in general, perform best with Apple devices. There have even been articles written discussing this fact.
Except it's not a fact at all. It's a myth that won't die because people keep spreading it without any idea of the real facts.
DJI Go 4 runs equally well on a good Android or Apple tablet.

What do you pilots recommend? Ipad 10" or Android 10", and to be honest I don't even know if android makes a full HD Android. My spending limit for the tablet will be $275
Consider an 8 inch tablet too.
It's a lot easier to hold and the screen is plenty big enough.
8 inch is the Goldilocks of tablet sizes for flying. Not too small, not too big, it's just right.

You need a tablet with enough RAM and a fast enough processor to run DJI Go 4 properly.
The app is very demanding and attempting to run it on a sub-standard tablet only leads to disappointment.

Except it's not a fact at all. It's a myth that won't die because people keep spreading it without any idea of the real facts.
DJI Go 4 runs equally well on a good Android or Apple tablet.

Consider an 8 inch tablet too.
It's a lot easier to hold and the screen is plenty big enough.
8 inch is the Goldilocks of tablet sizes for flying. Not too small, not too big, it's just right.

You need a tablet with enough RAM and a fast enough processor to run DJI Go 4 properly.
The app is very demanding and attempting to run it on a sub-standard tablet only leads to disappointment.

Either way i dont know bout the tablets bc i dont own one, but ive seen older iphones run the dji drones better than the newest samsung androids. I was android fanboy period! i tried a iphone 4s, back then had it a day and traded for android. Im all up in this apple like a worm bc real life use, games, whatever you throw at it, it can handle. I had almost every android "high end" and they werent and arent on the lvl of iphone right now. Just an honest opinion from an avid android user that now will sit on the teachers desk for a while. None of the limitations the software use to have for what i need it for, EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [emoji108]

Either way i dont know bout the tablets bc i dont own one, but ive seen older iphones run the dji drones better than the newest samsung androids.
I had almost every android "high end" and they werent and arent on the lvl of iphone right now.
Thanks for that non-information.
I have two Android tablets that run DJI Go 4 perfectly, never a glitch.
Perhaps your iPhone runs the app as well, but it couldn't run it better.
There are many other users of other Android devices that can tell you they have no trouble either.
The idea that Apple devices run the app better than anything else is a myth.

There are many other users of other Android devices that can tell you they have no trouble either.
The idea that Apple devices run the app better than anything else is a myth.

I have flown extensively on both the iPhone X and XS Max and Android and honestly I can’t tell the difference.

The biggest issue with Android is there are an awful lot of landfill devices which people somehow expect to work. They then wonder why they had a poor experience.

The argument that Apple just works has some merit but simply because there are only so many apple devices and they all conform to very similar standards. There are thousands and thousands of iterations of Android devices and much like drones the cheap ones end up being rubbish.

Any latest gen Snapdragon (the M3 Lite only uses the 435) with at least 3gb of ram will be sweet. For the price I don’t think you can fault the M3/5 or M3 Lite particularly if you use it as a dedicated screen so can keep a lot of crud off it.

I wasent tryin to fight with you, was just sayin how i felt and what ive seen! Why so angry its all good bro! Im goin to keep using iphone till its beat again! From the start of android its always been better until now. I guess ill keep my ******* non information to myself for now on!

I bought a 7in Huawei tablet (android), and can't get a video feed. Came across a chat that said android isn't working with most recent firmware. Anyone else having problems/ or a solution to getting video feed with firmware 4.3.8 on android

I bought a 7in Huawei tablet (android), and can't get a video feed. Came across a chat that said android isn't working with most recent firmware. Anyone else having problems/ or a solution to getting video feed with firmware 4.3.8 on android
Do you mean that you aren't seeing camera video in the background of the DJI Go 4 app'??
How is the tablet connected to the controller?? ... And - if you are using the USB-A connection under the controller wings, have you removed the micro-USB from the side port???

Do you mean that you aren't seeing camera video in the background of the DJI Go 4 app'??
How is the tablet connected to the controller?? ... And - if you are using the USB-A connection under the controller wings, have you removed the micro-USB from the side port???
Correct, I'm using the usb connection and the micro usb is removed

....the app is working, just not getting the video feed from the camera....all other app info is on the screen, just no camera feed

Is the status bar at the top left of the screen yellow and saying something like ‘failed to connect to RC’?

My Huawei MediaPad M3 Lite has decided to do that whereas my boy’s doesn’t. Trying to find out which setting has upset it.

So I am making a list on stuff to get on Feb 1st for my new Mavic Pro and one of the things I wanna get is a full HD tablet but need to ask.
Low I know and wil limit my options like walking into sears expecting to but with 1 dollar lol but its what I will have for it because the rest is going to a carrying case, more batteries, lenses for the camera, landing pad and so on. All in all my budget for everything is about $600

I picked up a refurbished iPad Mini 4 128gb from Apples website for 340. Exactly what I’ve been looking for. I’d highly recommend it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots