DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Android tablets compatible with Mavic Mini

If the app installs and runs, then it should connect to the RC. App could crash, but it should still make a connection before it crashes. If there's no connection at all, either bad or wrong cable.

I don't get how one can have a wrong cable since it has to be OTG when one end isn't full A. Perhaps people are getting cables that are OTG on the phone end? In other words OTG C to regular micro? That indeed won't work.

I have heard that 4GB RAM is really the minimum requirement. I had the same problem with the Tab 4 and switched to the S3 which has 4GB RAM. It works fine for me now...

I have heard that 4GB RAM is really the minimum requirement. I had the same problem with the Tab 4 and switched to the S3 which has 4GB RAM. It works fine for me now...
I thought so too but others have been successful with devices with only 3GB.

So Fly on the Tab 4 installed and ran but wouldn't connect to RC?
Issue could also be with something Samsung installed on some of their products that regulates what USB connection it will allow. Example: I had a hard time with my Tab E even with Go 3 for the P3. The best way to get Go to connect was to reboot the Tab and hope Go could catch the USB connection before it appeared to be blocked.

I have a Tab S2 SM-T810 where DJI Fly does not even install when downloaded manually form DJI server, as Play store doesn't list it. I think there is too low RAM capacity and only 32 bit architecture, so no hope for ever getting supported.

Tried my Galaxy Tab S2 (SM-T813), ordered the correct cable. Was able to download Dji fly app, but the tablet wouldn't connect to the mavic mini. Disappointing. Was really looking forward to larger screen.

Does anyone think Dji will correct this or should I start looking for a new compatible tablet?
Still may be wrong/bad cable. If you can at all, as a test, use the included short cable. If that works, then you have a bad cable.

Still may be wrong/bad cable. If you can at all, as a test, use the included short cable. If that works, then you have a bad cable.
I assume the cable you are using is micro on both ends. Make sure the end configured as OTG is plugged into the RC.

I am using Xiaomi mi pad 3 with mini works a treat
I downloaded the apk direct from DJI - It did not complete on the Tab A. SOL for now.
Many different A tab versions, SM-T380 not working for sure but SM-T290 reported working.
Hi everyone and happy Turkey day......I thought I had seen a list or reference link here on the forum for Android tablets that work with the Mavic MM....but can't find it. Anyone can send or guide me to that list?

Wanted to grab one tis weekend to take advantage of the Black Friday %% :) :) Thanks!

• Haha
Reactions: hunterws
I thought so too but others have been successful with devices with only 3GB.

So Fly on the Tab 4 installed and ran but wouldn't connect to RC?
Issue could also be with something Samsung installed on some of their products that regulates what USB connection it will allow. Example: I had a hard time with my Tab E even with Go 3 for the P3. The best way to get Go to connect was to reboot the Tab and hope Go could catch the USB connection before it appeared to be blocked.
Actually on the Tab 4 the DJI app wouldn't even install properly for some reason..

Reactions: hunterws
Tried my Galaxy Tab S2 (SM-T813), ordered the correct cable. Was able to download Dji fly app, but the tablet wouldn't connect to the mavic mini. Disappointing. Was really looking forward to larger screen.

Does anyone think Dji will correct this or should I start looking for a new compatible tablet?
I had the wrong cable. Got the right cable and it connects fine to my galaxy Tab S2.
Problem: video severely scrambles when I hit record. When I turn record off the video is flawless. Tried all video modes but video gets severely pixelated and messed up everytime I hit record. Any ideas?

Too many Apple Heads... Android Tablets and phones all use Android. If there's "compatibility" issues it probably has to do with the version of Android the device is running. There's also a chance of drivers, etc. on some devices but most of your major brand Android device makers should be fine. In my case I've use Samsung, Asus, Huawei and Google devices (phone and tablets) for my Mavic Air and never had an issue. I've even had some luck running an Android emulator on my Windows PC.

Too many Apple Heads... Android Tablets and phones all use Android. If there's "compatibility" issues it probably has to do with the version of Android the device is running. There's also a chance of drivers, etc. on some devices but most of your major brand Android device makers should be fine. In my case I've use Samsung, Asus, Huawei and Google devices (phone and tablets) for my Mavic Air and never had an issue. I've even had some luck running an Android emulator on my Windows PC.
Androids, like PCs, have varying levels of resources, such as CPU, GPU, RAM, etc. DJI apps are quite hungry for resources. Fly app apparently has higher system requirements than Go app. Fly may not even install with only 2GB RAM installed. Consensus is that 4GB RAM is recommended minimum, though some said they were successful with only 3GB installed.

Hi, I also just tried the exact same Samsung tablet, and the DJI Fly app installed fine but will not connect to the Mavic Mini even when using a cable that was for DJI drones so guess I'll have to look for a compatible tablet now as I find the smartphone screens too small for all the detail on the app screen.

Hi, I also just tried the exact same Samsung tablet, and the DJI Fly app installed fine but will not connect to the Mavic Mini even when using a cable that was for DJI drones so guess I'll have to look for a compatible tablet now as I find the smartphone screens too small for all the detail on the app screen.
You can get cheap SM-T290 in Canada, but don't expect high brightness

The reason most of these Samsung tablets aren't working is that even though they have a 64 bit processor they are running 32 bit versions of the Android software. The DJI Fly app requires 64 bit Android software.

I have had zero problems using a Note 10+. I do however would like the cheapest tablet that will have the same zero issues. I tired of using my phone to fly.

From my research on the subject, the Fly app seems to work on android devices with 4 GB Ram and needs a 64 bit android OS. I tried to install it on a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2019 edition, model T510) which has the requisite 64 bit OS but has only 2 GB Ram. No dice! Same issue with an attempt to install on a Fire 10 HD.

I also parsed the install apk and saw many a reference to DJI GO v5. Sign of things to come?

I have the 8" Galaxy Tab A (2019), SM-T290NZKAXAR which has 2GB of RAM and it seems to work fine. It does have the 64 bit version of Android Pie. I do have to turn the screen brightness way up to see it but it serves its purpose.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjauuu