DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Android USB Charging disable?

If its android you can pull down where it says attached charging device and it will give you options to disable charging

It doesnt work at all.

As When it charges my P20 PRO phone, top of the screen there is an option which gives me 5 options,

1- Transfer photos
2- Transfer files
3- Charge only
4- Reverse charge
5- Input MIDI

But literally nothing works even if I mark something else it always automatically changes to charge only. It just keeps charging my phone whatever I do.

It doesnt work at all.

As When it charges my P20 PRO phone, top of the screen there is an option which gives me 5 options,

1- Transfer photos
2- Transfer files
3- Charge only
4- Reverse charge
5- Input MIDI

But literally nothing works even if I mark something else it always automatically changes to charge only. It just keeps charging my phone whatever I do.

That is the way the charger works with Android phones, generally. I gather a few phones might be able to defeat it or rooting the phone might also work.

That is the way the charger works with Android phones, generally. I gather a few phones might be able to defeat it or rooting the phone might also work.

Do you have any good link for how to root the phone?

Dont get it why DJI is doing this to Android users. So annoying.

It's only 500ma charge rate, which is max rate with USB minimum standards. Not that much.
They probably don't offer disabling power to USB because some Androids may need power to detect a connection.

Also, many have the misconception that setting a USB mode disabled charging. Those settings are regarding USB data use and not for anything regarding power. Charge Only means no data use of the USB.

I am simply having HARD time understanding that 1500€ drone remote control is basically forcing me to charge my 1000€ phone which results in 2 bad things:

1st remote control battery is getting discharged A LOT faster and is forcing me to recharge it more times which means more circles of charging.

2nd Phone battery is getting charged when there is no need to be charged and is also not good for the battery to charge it when it is 80% or 90% full. It is basically bad for the phone. as it shortens your battery life in the phone.

I cant understand why DJI would do such thing.

I recently read that it can be disabled in the Go app. In the settings, then remote control, there should be an option to disable charging

I recently read that it can be disabled in the Go app. In the settings, then remote control, there should be an option to disable charging

Go4 app under settings doesnt have remote control function \ option at all, also no option to disable charging. As I understand only on Apple phones can charging be disabled.

In Go4 app under settings there is only debugging option which opens up P20 PRO phone and I also turned on debugging on the phone but it still charges the phone whatever I chose it puts is automatically to charge only.

I have 3 different android devices at present and can't see that option.

I really wish DJI would allow it as an option in the Android version of the DJI software, it is available on IOS.
Perhaps it is complicated by the fact that there are so many versions of Android all with different hardware manufacturers tweaks

I make sure that WiFi and Bluetooth are turned off, and my phone (Huawei P10 Pro) is fully charged, and generally it will give me enough controller battery for 3 Mavic batt's.

Date: 2019.01.24 New firmware and app released...

I wonder what the following means? Hmmm

Fixed issue: the remote controller’s operating time was shortened when used with some mobile devices.

I wonder if it fixes this charging issue for Android devices? Who wants to test?

Reactions: ff22
Date: 2019.01.24 New firmware and app released...

I wonder what the following means? Hmmm

Fixed issue: the remote controller’s operating time was shortened when used with some mobile devices.

I wonder if it fixes this charging issue for Android devices? Who wants to test?

I'll check it out tonight

Reactions: ff22
Most likely not but some seemed to kick into fast charge, they'll likely do just slow charge like the others now.

Well, i've looked through all the options, but i can't see it in the menus :(
But did you see if the battery symbol on your phone changed to charging when you connected your phone/tablet to the controller? That would be the tell tale sign I think.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys