Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Android USB Charging disable?

FoxhallGH

Reaction score
Loc
UK - Suffolk
I don't know if this is due to a firmware update, but my Huawei P10 Plus Android phone (stock-standard with no rooting!), has recently started popping an option screen when I plug in the cable to connect it to the RC Controller (I'm using the USB-A connector in the base). When I open DJI Go4 and plug in my controller - a half-screen pop-up gives me three "Use USB for" options as a separate window overlaying the Go4 app. These options are:
Transfer Photos
Transfer Files
Charge only

'Charge only' is the default - but If I select 'Transfer Files' - then the phone just doesn't charge the controller ... Simple as that!

Not 100% sure why that appears, except that when I look at Settings / System / Developer Options ... I have - 'Always prompt when connecting to USB' - selected to ON, in the 'DEBUGGING' section. I guess this must be it, because when I turn that switch off, I no longer get the pop-up!

zappy54

Reaction score
Loc
UK
My Huawei m5 on 9.0.1 still keeps defaulting to charge phone so still a Android piece of crap stick to IOS Thanks

FoxhallGH

Reaction score
Loc
UK - Suffolk
My Huawei m5 on 9.0.1 still keeps defaulting to charge phone so still a Android piece of crap stick to IOS Thanks
Don't you have the developer options available in settings on the M5??

JAW

How Far Away is That Tree?
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Loc
Coastal NC Up to Long Island
I'm surprised the Chinese have not come up with an affordable data only cable----USB A on one end and micro usb/usb c/lightning connector on the other.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kolander