DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Annoying file names (UUID's)

Col. Zodiac

Reactions
When I download .jpg's from the Mavic Mini to my phone, they end up with annoying file names such as org_8623ed4190728d7e_1593700656000.jpg. I understand this format must be a UUID to avoid overwriting, or similar/nefarious purpose.

When I look at the .jpg's directly on the Mini's SD card, they have person-readable and more useful file names such as DJI_0458.jpg. I would much prefer this format after downloading than the UUID format.

Is this as-expected behavior, and is there a setting to bring down the .jpg's with person-readable file names?

Thanks,

-- Bill

I have never transferred pictures from my drone to my phone only to my PC from the SD card & they have the DJI_012 numbering format so I can only presume your phone is changing things.

You say
“When I look at the .jpg's directly on the Mini's SD card, they have person-readable and more useful file names such as DJI_0458.jpg”

If I transfer lets say DJI_0458 from my PC to my Android phone it stays as DJI_0458

Reactions: pchaps
I have never transferred pictures from my drone to my phone only to my PC from the SD card & they have the DJI_012 numbering format so I can only presume your phone is changing things.

You say
“When I look at the .jpg's directly on the Mini's SD card, they have person-readable and more useful file names such as DJI_0458.jpg”

If I transfer lets say DJI_0458 from my PC to my Android phone it stays as DJI_0458
Thanks for your perspective. I think I'll make it a habit of using SD card => PC instead of downloading via the controller SD card => DJI Fly app.

Yeah this AM I used a Kingston USB C / MicroSD adapter to xfer stills directly to OneDrive from the Mini's SD card (Samsung phone was the middleman).

File names survived intact along with files' metadata.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
I've also just connected my Win10 PC directly to the Mini via a DJI cable. Copied directly from the SD card in the Mini to OneDrive. I like that the file metadata contains both "date taken" and "date created" fields.

I take the memory card from the drone put it in a tablet then I use send files to tv to store on hdd I use with my android tv.. video looks awesome on the big screen and i use vlc player to play the video on tv and turn on subtitles and the telemetry shows on the video

Whoa, nice! I have a Samsung phone and Samsung TV. The "share to Smart Things" phone option looks great on the TV. I wonder if I turn on subtitles will the videos show the telemetry. I'll give it a try!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piloter