DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another “smart controller” post

RYDRDIE

Reactions
Another post about a controller, sorry! I do wildfire and prescribed burns and I map fires using my mavic. I was burning next to a lake awhile back and was flying the edge of a burn we were doing. Something happened with the smart controller... it went black on me...well needless to say the mavic is now a submarine at the bottom of the lake and the smart controller is now a brick. I honestly have no idea what happened! Batteries were charged, everything was normal! I've been reading and trying everything suggested and have had zero response from the controller. The drone seriously breaks my heart but I thought I would try to get the controller
going. I've tested the batteries and they are at 3.54 on each side. I've tested the cord and charging block, all are good, hibernation...nothing, pushing power and the other buttons, all of it that I have read. Is this thing dead? Did it cause the drone to crash? Can I get the ntso on the phone??? What should I try?

I would have thought that all settings being normal, your craft should have initiated return to home when your controller died and not gone for a swim in the lake
However, this isn’t what you are asking
Sounds like it could be an internal power connection? How did you test the batteries of the smart controller.

If you had it setup for "return to home" and a RTH altitude that cleared all obstructions, it should have returned after it lost connection to the controller. That is provided you waited for the "homepoint has been updated, please check it on the map" message when you launched. It's possible the controller was still connected even though the screen was black. Although highly unlikely if it is now totally dead. You can probably send the controller to DJI for service, but that's not going to help with the drone loss 😞

You did not mention which drone you are using BUT If its 2 series or 3 series Drone, You can get a RC-N1 cheap from Ebay and a phone or tablet for a screen until you get the fixed "smart" controller back.

You did not mention which drone you are using BUT If its 2 series or 3 series Drone, You can get a RC-N1 cheap from Ebay and a phone or tablet for a screen until you get the fixed "smart" controller back.
That would be awesome if the drone wasn't at the bottom of the lake.

3.54V is not a trashed lithium ion cell, but it's definitely depleted. I wouldn't expect the device to operate. Did you say you charged the battery?

Recently ve' I picked up the issue of blank screen with my Smar RC.
First the Smart RC showed a problem of not starting with the battery when it is 96 % charged. Then I added a 20,000 power bank to C port, then it started with switching on.

But the issue now, while the drone is in the Air, the screen gets blanked off. But the RC will be fully functional. Is this a display problem, or a battery issue?

The firmware is the latest. But since with the battery, i cannot switch on the RC, the USB link to DJJi assistant won't wonk.

can any give a solution

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne