DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another condition when moving.

eaglesurfing

Premium Pilot
Reactions
We have been gone for several days house hunting in Central Florida. I never thought I would be adding a condition to the list of "wants" pertaining to the option of flying my drone.
Now when checking out certain areas, I usually check to see how close I will be to an airport.
I was glad when checking out one house that it was a "no-go" and thinking to myself "great because it was to close to a small airport."
It is amazing how you look at certain areas and think this would be a great place to fly plus take some great video.
We might settle down in the Sebring area which has several lakes to add to my "fly" list.

Reactions: Howard70 and slup
Hello Eaglesurfing:

Your “house hunting” post reminds me of looking for our current home nearly 20 years ago. The list was long, topped by conditions for bicycling - low traffic with nicely paved roads for riding our tandem, lots of public land close by for hiking & riding mountain bikes, less than an hour commute to work, low population density so we could have wildlife and wild birds about, etc. After all the ideal setting qualifications were in place we had to be able to afford it. Luckily we found a great spot and just by luck it now turns out to be perfect for flying drones!

If there isn’t great pressure to find a place quickly, I think hunting for houses can be a lot more fun than actually owning one!

Howard

I'm not in no big hurry but my wife thinks we are. I have to remind her all that we have done to get to the decision for area we want to live in.
We looked at almost 20 something homes from Avon Parks to Lake Wales with Sebring in the middle. That was Wednesday (I think it was closer to 30 but that could be just a "feeling".
We talk to 3 builder in two other areas on Monday and Tuesday and looked at several finished models that they had just got done with or close to it.
One was in Avon Park area and the other two were in Poinciana, Florida.
We looked inside over 10 house on Thursday and Friday before starting back home on Saturday morning.
This adventure is on going and what I call being in a "Flux". Never ending changing but going along with the flow.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54