DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ANOTHER DJI Fly Update?? 1.3.0 on its way

I'm hearing that also. Agree that it is getting a little ridiculous. I just want to fly!!! ?
Updates do NOT prevent you from flying. You can never update anything ever if things are working fine for you.. However at some point, you may need to update if there is an added feature you find interesting, or if the OS of your device causes an issue if updated..

This update, if you took the moment to read some the messages in the thread is for new DJI FPV Drone, new hardware will always generate a new release of an app unless an entirely new app is released such as the Fly App was for the Mini and MA2 and now the FPV and DJI Go is available for the older series DJI Drones.

Updates do NOT prevent you from flying. You can never update anything ever if things are working fine for you.. However at some point, you may need to update if there is an added feature you find interesting, or if the OS of your device causes an issue if updated..

This update, if you took the moment to read some the messages in the thread is for new DJI FPV Drone, new hardware will always generate a new release of an app unless an entirely new app is released such as the Fly App was for the Mini and MA2 and now the FPV and DJI Go is available for the older series DJI Drones.
I did not look at the other messages. ?‍♀️ However, I have the MA2 and always get updates. Some updates prevent me from flying. It gets frustrating sometimes but coming from an IT background understand. Thank you for the guidance!

I did not look at the other messages. ?‍♀️ However, I have the MA2 and always get updates. Some updates prevent me from flying. It gets frustrating sometimes but coming from an IT background understand. Thank you for the guidance!
What updates have you received that prevent you from flying? never seen one, they can always be ignored until you're ready to actually install them.

Reactions: FluffyButt
With the 2nd segment of the version number being incremented would indicate one or more features will be added versus the 3rrd segment which usually bug fixes and minor updates. At least DJI is still working on improving their products. I would rather have monthly updates instead holding updates for a 3 or 6 month cycle.
It for the fpv drone.. I don’t understand you not wanting a new app to continuously get better everything we use with software it’s upgraded all the time and if it doesn’t usually means it doesn’t work right

Apps update auto so you even sometimes don’t feel it
Apps don't update "Auto", only if you have them set to do so, you might want to look into how to use your device and turn that feature off.. ;)

Reactions: kidroc
I'm in no rush to update. Looks like this is mostly for the new FPV aircraft.
View attachment 124935
Were do you come up with mostly? Only adding support, as compaired to Fixes certain issues (plural) & App Stability? Looks like to me it is mostly fixing bugs, fixing App Stability and perhaps adding or refining user experience. But if it ain't broke don't fix it. :)

Reactions: kidroc
Were do you come up with mostly? Only adding support, as compaired to Fixes certain issues (plural) & App Stability? Looks like to me it is mostly fixing bugs, fixing App Stability and perhaps adding or refining user experience. But if it ain't broke don't fix it. :)
This is a large complaint no matter who releases the update, there is never I fixed x bug or y bug, its always stability and performance, that you never seem to really see.. Sometimes there is, they say they fixed some crashing under some situation, but that is rare.

The new update 1.3.0. doesn't do anything for the MA2 as far as I can see although it does say it is compatible with it, along with both Mavic Mini Drones.

Flew my MM with the new App update today ,no issues ,or changes ,that i could see

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada