DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ANOTHER DJI Fly Update?? 1.3.0 on its way

Chris Rees

Reactions
I hear through the grapevine there is yet ANOTHER update (1.3.0) imminent for release. This is getting ridiculous if true!

Reactions: A.O.
With the 2nd segment of the version number being incremented would indicate one or more features will be added versus the 3rrd segment which usually bug fixes and minor updates. At least DJI is still working on improving their products. I would rather have monthly updates instead holding updates for a 3 or 6 month cycle.

there is nothing ridiculous about the amount of updates coming out ,this is normal practice for a new APP, and new drones, and will continue till many bugfixes and improvements have been made
hopefully it will unlock some more features for the drones using the fly APP

The primary reason for this update is to support the new DJI FPV Drone thats being announced on 3/2, ie tomorrow as I type this. Now whether it will contain anything useful for the MA2 or the Mini's, we won't know till it arrives..

The primary reason for this update is to support the new DJI FPV Drone thats being announced on 3/2, ie tomorrow as I type this. Now whether it will contain anything useful for the MA2 or the Mini's, we won't know till it arrives..
It has already arrived. Download on DJI website if you desire.

It has already arrived. Download on DJI website if you desire.
No, not for IOS it hasn't... DJI may have access to some IOS versions of Fly coming from their website, but a current version for IOS will only appear on the app store. And so far. its not there yet...

its interesting they have IOS 1.3.0 on a page, but its not available yet on the app store.

It has arrived for IOS too, If you refresh the App Store on your IOS device 1.3.0 is also now available for download. Alternatively, searching for the Fly App should also reveal the new version..

Reactions: airbuspilot
K
there is nothing ridiculous about the amount of updates coming out ,this is normal practice for a new APP, and new drones, and will continue till many bugfixes and improvements have been made
hopefully it will unlock some more features for the drones using the fly

hopefully it will unlock some more features for the drones using the fly APP
You are right of course. Note to self: Engage brain before opening mouth.

I wonder will they fix this 30 meters altitude issue once and for all

p.s anyone tried that new update no issues?

FPV already on display. Someone posted yesterday about price and such on one of the drone sellers for $1,299.

Maybe "today" is their OFFICIAL RELEASE.

DJI Fly V 1.3.0 is available for download from the DJI website.

"Compatible for Mavic Mini, Mavic Air 2, DJI Mini 2, DJI FPV"

Yet 1.3.0 is for IOS is it not - as us Android users can only get direct from DJI now. Last one was 1.2.4 and it's "supposed" to auto-update as I have it set. Will have to check FlyApp on my Android to see what it's at.

"Update" - checked and Android is still 1.2.4.

Updates for apps is not uncommon, think of IOS. It’s being updated very often.

Doesn't show up under the MA2 on the Download Page but does under the MM2 page.
1614692064367.png

Yet 1.3.0 is for IOS is it not - as us Android users can only get direct from DJI now. Last one was 1.2.4 and it's "supposed" to auto-update as I have it set. Will have to check FlyApp on my Android to see what it's at.

"Update" - checked and Android is still 1.2.4.
I downloaded directly from the DJI website link and am running 1.3.0 on Android.

You can too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leckhart

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998