DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another "Mavic 2" leaked image

I still remember people in previous threads n posts denying that there will be a Mavic pro successor. Some even said that Mavic air is the successor and now doubting these leaked images
Some people stated that OsilaLV is just a hoax while he was the first and only one who predicted "Mavic 2" back in December
To me, he was the only source providing information about Mavic 2 and most of his predictions came true
He could be someone that dji uses to leak news thru

Reactions: Billy Gun
I took a photo of the Mavic 2 yesterday. Its just as accurate as all the other internet ones and just as not photoshopped as them:

mavic2.jpg

A few points, the battery is bigger and range is a lot better. Gimbal looks to be a lot stronger. Props aren't low noise and i anticipate them to be a lot more expensive to replace. Definitely has a bigger camera sensor.
I'd expect transmitter range and flight time to be improved a lot.
They did say it'll be a lot bigger and less portable and sadly this seems to be true.

I took a photo of the Mavic 2 yesterday. Its just as accurate as all the other internet ones and just as not photoshopped as them:

mavic2.jpg

A few points, the battery is bigger and range is a lot better. Gimbal looks to be a lot stronger. Props aren't low noise and i anticipate them to be a lot more expensive to replace. Definitely has a bigger camera sensor.
They did say it'll be a lot bigger and less portable and sadly this seems to be true.
These cases are available on Amazon. There's a compartment in the cabin to store extra batteries:

b438702f66683af341f1881bfcd27ace.jpg

mavic2.jpg

:):):):D

mavic2.jpg

How awesome was RIAT this year! I was lucky enough to be there on the Saturday, seeing the Spirit flyby was goosebump material man...

mavic2.jpg

Hahahaha :) looks legit! Gimbal definitely looks a bit higher quality.

How awesome was RIAT this year! I was lucky enough to be there on the Saturday, seeing the Spirit flyby was goosebump material man...

It was a good show but sadly i was there Friday where the weather forced the cancellation of the once in a lifetime RAF100 flypast and several other acts. I was there for photos but the afternoon white/grey sky made it fairly hard or disappointing.
I was tempted to go back Sunday but had a hard time justifying another £55 just for fun photos.
I enjoyed RNAS Yeovilton the week before a bit more. Smaller yes but good displays good weather AND they allow pyrotechnics (the Commando assault demo was fantastic).

The F-35 was disappointing but then again its a heavy, overweight dog of a plane so wasn't expecting a huge amount. Solo Turk was excellent amongst others.

Some photos from it are here:-
RIAT 2018
Not the best due to weather being fairly terrible after 1pm.

As for the MQ-9B drone. It flew in the day before under civilian callsign N190TC. It took 3 months of planning to get NOTAM and temporary airspace restrictions set up as they're not allowed to fly inside anywhere inside the UK FIR or controlled airspace. Arrived 2 hours early and killed time circling a small village (bet that creeped out the occupants !). It was then repainted into RAF colours overnight. And is going back to Dakota as cargo because its way too much of a logistical nightmare to get it to fly out of the UK.

It was a good show but sadly i was there Friday where the weather forced the cancellation of the once in a lifetime RAF100 flypast and several other acts. I was there for photos but the afternoon white/grey sky made it fairly hard or disappointing.
I was tempted to go back Sunday but had a hard time justifying another £55 just for fun photos.
I enjoyed RNAS Yeovilton the week before a bit more. Smaller yes but good displays good weather AND they allow pyrotechnics (the Commando assault demo was fantastic).

The F-35 was disappointing but then again its a heavy, overweight dog of a plane so wasn't expecting a huge amount. Solo Turk was excellent amongst others.

RIAT 2018

As for the MQ-9B drone. It flew in the day before under civilian callsign N190TC. It took 3 months of planning to get NOTAM and temporary airspace restrictions set up as they're not allowed to fly inside anywhere inside the UK FIR or controlled airspace. Arrived 2 hours early and killed time circling a small village (bet that creeped out the occupants !). It was then repainted into RAF colours overnight. And is going back to Dakota as cargo because its way too much of a logistical nightmare to get it to fly out of the UK.

Whoah, some nice pictures in there mate! I'll upload some of mine as well when I'm done downselecting and editing.
Yeah, have a dull grey background can really spoil pictures! Been there, done that last year...

Regarding the pyro... they did have that last year with the apache, really impressive! And the drone... being an aerospace engineer with a passion for flying and aircraft, my heart weeps. As a drone enthousiast, I find it really interesting!
With the JSF... I think it was destined to be a jack of all trades, it will probably never really excel. And because it's design is basically a watered down version of the Raptor, it's never going to be a real looker either. Well, the company I work for does a lot on the NH90, the JSF and the Gulfstream, so there was plenty of stuff around there to be proud of!

It's kind of amazing that GoPro did not have a patent on that drone to hand held removable camera setup. It was one of the biggest selling points of the Karma and they never patented it ??

Rob

They probably did.. But the patent will be probably very specific. And easily worked around. Also this thread is all guessing and possibly very wrong
It's kind of amazing that GoPro did not have a patent on that drone to hand held removable camera setup. It was one of the biggest selling points of the Karma and they never patented it ??

Rob

There were prior examples or removable cameras.
That said, the US Patent Office is so badly broken you can patent anything these days and get it granted. (Then sue in East Texas).

RIAT 2018

Really, really, really enjoyed those photographs. Thank you.

So has anyone figured out whose pink fingernails leaked these photos?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580