DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another "Mavic 2" leaked image

People keep saying how the Mavic Pro gimbal is too exposed. It certainly looks exposed and fragile, but I have not heard of many people breaking the gimbal

A search of this forum and DJIs would reveal gimbal issues are the most common fault. In particular ribbon cables.

On the other hand; he *does* seem to have a point: Looks like a bar-shaped apparatus with the DJI logo in the top left, a screen and two buttons, and maybe a lightning connection is connected to that, so you can use your iPhone as a screen of what the camera/gimball on top of the apparatus is seeing...

To be honest, this part of the image much more shows a hand-held camera/gimball structure than that it shows that the camera of the drone can be switched... People have suggested it, but I don't see any evidence that the camera of the drone can be taken off.

Capture.PNG

On the other hand; he *does* seem to have a point: Looks like a bar-shaped apparatus with the DJI logo in the top left, a screen and two buttons, and maybe a lightning connection is connected to that, so you can use your iPhone as a screen of what the camera/gimball on top of the apparatus is seeing...

To be honest, this part of the image much more shows a hand-held camera/gimball structure than that it shows that the camera of the drone can be switched... People have suggested it, but I don't see any evidence that the camera of the drone can be taken off.

View attachment 41708
As much as he may be right, I think anyone could have provided the "leak" OsitaLV posted regarding this device.
The first thing that came to my mind when I saw it was that it was a standalone gimbal controller. All I had to do was add my expectations as facts to a sketch and call it a leak. The sketch especially is just based on whats shown on the photo. I'm 100% sure that if it wasn't in the picture, he wouldn't have leaked those "facts", especially not with this sketch. He could be right, of course he can, but so would I and presumably many others at the same time who all guess the same thing.

Reactions: JoostGT3
Assuming the pictures aren't fake. Which theres a very high chance of.
You have a point.
But my guess; DJI postponed the reveal, so they needed something to keep the hype going, therefore purposely leaked this image. It is sufficiently clear to keep people talking about it, and sufficiently vague to not give away too much. There is no such thing as coincidence in the world of marketing ;)

As much as he may be right, I think anyone could have provided the "leak" OsitaLV posted regarding this device.
The first thing that came to my mind when I saw it was that it was a standalone gimbal controller. All I had to do was add my expectations as facts to a sketch and call it a leak. The sketch especially is just based on whats shown on the photo. I'm 100% sure that if it wasn't in the picture, he wouldn't have leaked those "facts", especially not with this sketch. He could be right, of course he can, but so would I and presumably many others at the same time who all guess the same thing.

100% agree

I don't trust the picture... Looks more like a modified mavic pro 1 instead of having an unique look as a new aircraft.
Does have the side sensors though which would be hard to "Modify." The fan on the front is also different it looks like...

A search of this forum and DJIs would reveal gimbal issues are the most common fault. In particular ribbon cables.
I might be wrong, yeah. I don't spend much time on this forum, but on DJI's, complaints about the gimbal are definitely not the most common (drifting, camera problems, android app, even flyaways are)

Reactions: Mike_Flys
I think the camera comes off with the SD card inside it - all as one module. Then, you just put the camera in that black piece you see in the picture and a lighting or micro-usb cable plugs in to a computer from that for easy video transfer.

I think the camera comes off with the SD card inside it - all as one module. Then, you just put the camera in that black piece you see in the picture and a lighting or micro-usb cable plugs in to a computer from that for easy video transfer.
On the bottom of that gimble that looks like either a Type C or a USB port for file transfer, DJI has to account for Android users. I dout they would cater to just OS.

Given how wide the bottom front portion of that Mavic is my guess is that whole hand held unit plugs into the Mavic and that the gimbal itself doesn’t remove. That may explain the potentially larger size and larger engines.

Reactions: MrRobville and JMF
Given how wide the bottom front portion of that Mavic is my guess is that whole hand held unit plugs into the Mavic and that the gimbal itself doesn’t remove. That may explain the potentially larger size and larger engines.

Interesting thought, that would be cool !

It could be because it helps make one less accessory you need to carry around, but it may also mean the gimbal/camera isn’t as interchangeable as some think it may be.

But I’m also curious about the hand unit shown (if that’s what it is). It seems a bit small and square to fit comfortably in the hand. And of what we see truly is the back of it with what appears to be a screen why is that lightning cable placed where it is? It seems it would get in the way of the screen a bit or be distracting at the very least being there. Seems it could be hidden away somewhere else. Unless it’s just an adapter sitting on top and not actually stored there.

All just thoughts.

Z

From the photo, you may very well be right, but doesn't that sound like a waste of space/weight?

From the photo, you may very well be right, but doesn't that sound like a waste of space/weight?

Seems like it would, and it seems like it’s trying to fulfill a need I’m not sure was ever there. Though at the time the Karma came out everyone was touting how great it was to have a removable hand held gimbaled stabilizer. Maybe DJI went to work on that and brought it to fruition but now maybe the competition is no longer there.

Who knows, it could end up really cool and useful. Guess we will see what DJI has IP their sleeves soon enough. Just wish I knew when so I can get this Mavic Air sold on CL...

Z

Seems like it would, and it seems like it’s trying to fulfill a need I’m not sure was ever there. Though at the time the Karma came out everyone was touting how great it was to have a removable hand held gimbaled stabilizer. Maybe DJI went to work on that and brought it to fruition but now maybe the competition is no longer there.

Who knows, it could end up really cool and useful. Guess we will see what DJI has IP their sleeves soon enough. Just wish I knew when so I can get this Mavic Air sold on CL...

Z
I use my OSMO+ Plus almost as much as i use my drone, and have considered putting it on an RC truck for some low level dolly shots

Reactions: Zandian

I thought it might be a plug-in too. If that's the case then the drone has a battery and maybe the hand-held gimbal has a battery, greatly increasing flight time? Wishful thinking ...

Reactions: JMF
I am starting to wonder about these leaked images. Now there is the Mavic Enterprise?
mavic enterprise.jpg

Reactions: Ramjet
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3