DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another newb

OG Steve-O

Reactions
Hello all. I have been waiting on pulling the trigger on buying a drone.

After a ton of comparisons and procrastination, I purchased the Mavic Air.

What I didn’t research is WHERE I would be able to fly it. It seems like here in Southern California, there are very few places...

Reactions: dirkclod
Thanks for the quick reply. One of the airports near me doesn’t have a tower. It’s kind of weird, but pilots just land and take off on their own. It is shown on a map app I have that it is a no fly zone even though it is uncontrolled.
The other one is fairly far but has a large radius. I’m not sure why. This is all new to me.

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Reactions: OG Steve-O
Welcome to the forum! :)

Hello all. I have been waiting on pulling the trigger on buying a drone.

After a ton of comparisons and procrastination, I purchased the Mavic Air.

What I didn’t research is WHERE I would be able to fly it. It seems like here in Southern California, there are very few places...
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic Air, I love mine, Fly safe and have fun!

OG you are like myself in that more time in the air is your priority . I have no need to fly 7 miles away but being in the air for 35-45 minutes at a time would be cool .
I went out yesterday and at one sitting used up 5 batteries and was sad there was no more .
2 weeks ago I set up a cousin of mine in one of my mavics and 3 batteries. I am now in withdraw from one bird being gone .

Inland empire.

I had a question about National Forest
OG you are like myself in that more time in the air is your priority . I have no need to fly 7 miles away but being in the air for 35-45 minutes at a time would be cool .
I went out yesterday and at one sitting used up 5 batteries and was sad there was no more .
2 weeks ago I set up a cousin of mine in one of my mavics and 3 batteries. I am now in withdraw from one bird being gone .

Canuk you are exactly right. I have no need for super long distance flights. I am just trying to get air time and experience. I also don’t want to get into trouble with by flying in a nfz.
I have another question that pertains to national parks and NFZ.

From what I see, flying your drone in a National Park is ok provided you’re off property and standing in a place where you’re allowed to be. Is that correct? It seems this regulation or law pertains to the location of the person rather than the UAV?

Secondly, flying in an NFZ is pertaining to the drone not the person? This is airspace that the drone cannot occupy at any time? I do understand that in certain circumstances (with airports, etc) some communication can be made to get approval.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh