DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another Noob! From Charlotte, NC area

TheHomeEcGuy

Reactions
What's up everyone? I just picked up a Mavic Air yesterday and can't freaking wait to fly...then I find out I've gotta register it with the FAA and since I have commercial intent, I have more stuff I need to do I think. I saw an online thing that would help me through the process for like $160, but I'd imagine I can figure it out myself.

Ultimately, I got the drone because I'm working on making content for youtube videos and social media. I do a lot of solar work in my line of business and a drone can take pics from angles, I never could. Can't wait to lurk around for a bit and learn from you guys!

Welcome to the forum... also from NC here :)

The area you're in s a VERY congested and complicated area so make sure you're extra aware and diligent.

Gold Seal UAV Ground School is by far the best I've looked into and they offer a Pass or Pay guarantee on your test

Here are some links that will help shed some light (officially) on your questions of hobby vs commercial requirements. I want to stress that MONEY is but one reason that Part 107 is required instead of hobby. If any portion of the flight falls outside of "Hobby/Recreation" then the whole operation falls under Part 107 regulations.

Onward and Upward

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

What's up everyone? I just picked up a Mavic Air yesterday and can't freaking wait to fly...then I find out I've gotta register it with the FAA and since I have commercial intent, I have more stuff I need to do I think. I saw an online thing that would help me through the process for like $160, but I'd imagine I can figure it out myself.

Ultimately, I got the drone because I'm working on making content for youtube videos and social media. I do a lot of solar work in my line of business and a drone can take pics from angles, I never could. Can't wait to lurk around for a bit and learn from you guys!
Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic Air, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerry from ok