DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another Noob! From Charlotte, NC area

TheHomeEcGuy

Reactions
What's up everyone? I just picked up a Mavic Air yesterday and can't freaking wait to fly...then I find out I've gotta register it with the FAA and since I have commercial intent, I have more stuff I need to do I think. I saw an online thing that would help me through the process for like $160, but I'd imagine I can figure it out myself.

Ultimately, I got the drone because I'm working on making content for youtube videos and social media. I do a lot of solar work in my line of business and a drone can take pics from angles, I never could. Can't wait to lurk around for a bit and learn from you guys!

Welcome to the forum... also from NC here :)

The area you're in s a VERY congested and complicated area so make sure you're extra aware and diligent.

Gold Seal UAV Ground School is by far the best I've looked into and they offer a Pass or Pay guarantee on your test

Here are some links that will help shed some light (officially) on your questions of hobby vs commercial requirements. I want to stress that MONEY is but one reason that Part 107 is required instead of hobby. If any portion of the flight falls outside of "Hobby/Recreation" then the whole operation falls under Part 107 regulations.

Onward and Upward

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

What's up everyone? I just picked up a Mavic Air yesterday and can't freaking wait to fly...then I find out I've gotta register it with the FAA and since I have commercial intent, I have more stuff I need to do I think. I saw an online thing that would help me through the process for like $160, but I'd imagine I can figure it out myself.

Ultimately, I got the drone because I'm working on making content for youtube videos and social media. I do a lot of solar work in my line of business and a drone can take pics from angles, I never could. Can't wait to lurk around for a bit and learn from you guys!
Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic Air, Fly safe and have fun!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78