DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another SAR tool

KelvinFPV

Reactions
20200715_205213.jpg
So this is the 60$ speaker on Amazon. The tx that it comes with is a toy low powered junk. Lucky for me I was able to figure out it works on frs1 or frs2. I was able to fly over to another SAR members house and he was able to hear me perfectly from a couple hundred feet up. Actually, his house is 600 feet away and I could hear myself fairly well. Range shouldn't be a problem. Yes I know, I shouldn't be transmitting on frs with a 5w radio and maybe I can figure out some way to use ham or public service frequencies but for now I'm still in the testing phase.

Reactions: BigAl07
I am interested. I have a zoom and also a SAR member and executive on my team. Love more info on how you did this. Great idea.

Reactions: BigAl07
Its strap on and play. Default channel is frs1 so I switched to the other channel just to mitigate traffic. I think it only has 2 options. Really no setup other than programming your handheld radio if you don't want to use the one that came with it. Any standard 2w Walmart family radio should work as well. Much better solution than what I started with. (Picture of that monstrosity below)

Attachments

• 20200607_140653.jpg
    20200607_140653.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 45
Did you do any flight performance tests with that attached? It looks like it is going to be pretty disastrous in any kind of wind.
It's been pretty nice around here lately but it's the gorge so I'll have plenty of chances to test it in the wind. I'm thinking you are probably right.

I'm also very interested to know if the motors get hot, or how much hotter do they get.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580