DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another Security Encounter re Drone Detection

To fly over them, sure, but what about flying around the perimeter? Should one go fly their drone around the fence down at the Limerick nuke, I'd expect to get checked out.
These people are borderline paranoid schizophrenics or at leadt trying to justify their existence or trying to feel all important by approaching a drone pilot. Yeah, it IS illegal for them to as questions while you are operating a drone.

Perhaps we should all carrry printouts of that statute in our pockets and hand it to these people when they start bothering us. Ask for their names and ask to photograph their ID's or work Id's. Or, use you cell or even your droneto photograph them. Let them know you will be sending the information to the FAA. ASk them to call the police to re-enforce your intentions to get the law involved. If we drone pilots are doing nothing wrong, it's on them. They will get a call from the FAA instead of you.

Yeah, it IS illegal for them to as questions while you are operating a drone.
Is there a reference for that law?

These people are borderline paranoid schizophrenics or at leadt trying to justify their existence or trying to feel all important
  • carrry printouts of that statute in our pockets and hand it to these people
  • Ask for their names
  • ask to photograph their ID's or work Id's.
  • photograph them.
  • send the information to the FAA.
  • get the law involved.
They will get a call from the FAA instead of you.
The FAA won't respond to a report of a person asking a drone pilot a question. I doubt that the FAA would get involved if a person cussed out a drone pilot and shoved them a few times.

I'm not aware of any evidence of substantial interference with drone pilots or robberies of drone pilots. Neither possibility troubles me.

Is there a reference for that law?

• carrry printouts of that statute in our pockets and hand it to these people
  • Ask for their names
  • ask to photograph their ID's or work Id's.
  • photograph them.
  • send the information to the FAA.
  • get the law involved.

The FAA won't respond to a report of a person asking a drone pilot a question. I doubt that the FAA would get involved if a person cussed out a drone pilot and shoved them a few times.

I'm not aware of any evidence of substantial interference with drone pilots or robberies of drone pilots. Neither possibility troubles me.
I have looked and looked , I cannot find a statute specific to UAV drone pilot interference. It's all inferred from statutes related to manned aircraft. Some states have specific statutes related to UAV pilot interference, but I cannot find any federal law. The concept is an inference from manned aircraft pilot interference I believe.

You said, " The FAA won't respond to a report of a person asking a drone pilot a question. I doubt that the FAA would get involved if a person cussed out a drone pilot and shoved them a few times."

I believe they would respond if the UAV pilot was able to get their names and contact information or the company info of security officers, IF the pilot made a big stink about losing VLOS when under questioning or making statements like, "I almost crashed , or I was distracted and ended up over traffic or people, because of the questioning."
The FAA would respond, maybe, but with just educational information.

The local law could only get involved if you could prove you felt threatened. When questioned or being interfered with, I would fly my drone close to my position and zoom in and press record.

Florida statute 776 states -(1) A person is justified in using or threatening to use force, except deadly force, against another when and to the extent that the person reasonably believes that such conduct is necessary to defend himself or herself or another against the other's imminent use of unlawful force.

I carry a pocket sized can of pepper spray on my keycain. It can take out 4 people if needed. I would just run like hell after I blinded them. Just make sure it looks justified on the drone video.

I really don't believe the threat is significant enough for me to worry or most people too worry. I've been questioned before by security and police. I just say, Wait a second, I can't talk until I land this drone. Then I start a pleasant conversation.

Have a great safe flying day

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1