DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another successful day testing mavic platinum capabilities.

Just love that vertical ascent over the stones at the 2 minute mark ... The shadows are magic!

Just love that vertical ascent over the stones at the 2 minute mark ... The shadows are magic!
Thanks foxhall, that morning the shadows were so long and sharp thanks to good and clear morning. Stood on that top 3 hours await in between tourist and wind. You picked up the sense of those frames.

Great looking footage,would you mind sharing your video settings? Thanks in advance.

@ red serv.
Let me explain the settings matter from my point of view:
So, i am new with mavic, but i got few other quads i use for work but i like to try first what a machine its capable on auto as a start point. Mavic its more and more capable ( to me ) to do great things in auto if you film very gently and not too fast but then its up to the individual, what its good for me maybe its bad for others. I have seen many video in YT of self professed "guru" in "best settings" and bla bla bla, but very few have uploaded good things. I fly big RC copters since early 90's and setting the machine its 80 % of the jobs, then and now, with this new generation of quads, its easy to fly but not that easy to film what you see with your eye in that particulare moment in time in that place. My job is to take videos for clients that request specific subjects and my eye see things and cameras see them different. My first rule is filming at golden hours, second patience... loads ( in the video you asked my settings, i was on top of that place before sunrise and started to wait then people were coming, so stop filming, then clouds and wind but finally after 5 hours i got what i wanted ), third, sun on my quads tail, sometimes its not possible and sometimes ( very often ) in scotland the sun is strong but almost always windy. This two effects are a pest, cos i set the machine and its ok for 2 minutes then big cloud coming and all have to go back to square one. I personally do not like filters, i always think this way: why i should put mouth wash in my mouth before going to have a lovely food??? not good, it cover up tastes. Same with filters, i know many will be now telling me to shut up... but i like it like that, the very few videos i put on the channel are bits of clips i have stolen to my clients... sometimes i take so many frames and use very little, so i recicle them for the very few subscriber i got or i add them to who ask me for some videos ( like i explained in my video about my channel ). My way to film it may be very unprofessional to expert in videos and i know it but i like it that way. It doesn't bother me too much cos i knew how it was in that point in time and finally i do not like to touch up videos, its like the mouth wash... nature is unpredictable, beautiful and she does what she want, so why cover it up.... So the setting in that video are:
Shutter was 1/30 ISO 800
Video size ( i always take the best then i can always downgrade ) 4K 3840/2160 25fps
Video Format MOV
PAL ( europe )
White balance was on Clouds
Style was on None
Color was in cinelike
Anti flicker 60 HZ
Hystogram always on.

The last frames going toward the trees in the little island and away high up have been taken with inspire but i did not note down the settings.

Again, some will tell "oh my god thats wrong" but works for me and my style, i put my job quality at average cos everyone can always improve...
Finally, sticks control, gently and steady.

Hope this will be of any help for you and forgive me if those settings do not suit you, again my motto is
"Colors and tastes are personal, nothing to talk about".

Have a great time

Ivan

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zacf