DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Antenna mods

The Mavic specifications are 20dBm plus 6db antenna for 26dBm. The actual measurement I saw in the facebook group was actually 42mW taken with an RP-SMA connector replacing the 6dB antenna and connected directly to a meter. The output with boost mode enabled in DJI Go 4 was 152 or 157mW (can't remember). Technically that's not 1.5W, but .15W. The point is that the boost mode increases output. In comparison, my sunhams "3W" boosters put out 172mW as measured by Jake at MaxxUAV. Perhaps the output power is dynamic and these tests are not done right, but if you simply try it yourself, you can see the difference flying over same terrain. I can fly right over the new Apple campus 2 miles away with boost mode enabled, where with stock I lose connection before I even get there. Lots of wifi interference in that area.

I'm no expert in antenna's, just letting you know about the option to enable this "boost" mode in DJI Go with a configuration file adjustment.
Where go we go to learn more about this "boost mode"?

Circular polarisation will work if both the mavic and the controller both have CP antennas clockwise polarisation or anti clockwise. With only the controller CP there will be a loss in signal strength due to different polarisation.

Circular polarisation will work if both the mavic and the controller both have CP antennas clockwise polarisation or anti clockwise. With only the controller CP there will be a loss in signal strength due to different polarisation.

My best antenna setup is RexUAV Circular Polarized and Mavic with stock configuration (linear polarized). It is the most stable even at 58,800ft out, with 3 bars on transmit and receive. You are correct in the loss, but it still outperforms other linear polarized antennas I've tried such as FPVLR and Nanosync. I'm sure there are high end panels that will do better, but I haven't needed them. I sometimes use 3w boosters, but lately I just use the 1.5W boost mode of controller and I can't tell the difference between sunhams 3W amp and 1.5W boost mode.

IMG_0174.PNG

Hi., noob here.. I have a couple question..
1. What firmware in AC and RC suit the best for distance/range? I am currently using .700 on both, some people use higher version of FW in their RC, what firmware suit the best?
2. What version of DJI Go 4 (iOS) for this setup?
3. Can I aplly 1.5w boost by putting dji config file? what risk do i get? (overheating or something? )

i need to fly with strong signal in city area with so many interference..

thank you and sorry if i posting in wrong thread.

I used .900 for a long time, then switched to .700 due to a NFZ issue. Now I'm using 4.1000 firmware with .700 flight control and NFZ modules.
I only used boost mode for a short time before switched to boosted nanosync setup and it doesn't get that hot here so can't comment on heat. If you're in the city you should really consider a boosted RC though.

I used .900 for a long time, then switched to .700 due to a NFZ issue. Now I'm using 4.1000 firmware with .700 flight control and NFZ modules.
I only used boost mode for a short time before switched to boosted nanosync setup and it doesn't get that hot here so can't comment on heat. If you're in the city you should really consider a boosted RC though.

thanks for the reply, but i like to stay stock so i prefer boosted mode. i found that FW 04.0000 or 03.1000 not hovering as solid as .0700, so i downgrade it again.

thanks for the reply, but i like to stay stock so i prefer boosted mode. i found that FW 04.0000 or 03.1000 not hovering as solid as .0700, so i downgrade it again.

Interesting. Was that with the full .1000 package? I have two stock Mavics here with 4.1000, but .700 flight control/NFZ and they hover solidly, as in you could walk away and leave them for the duration of the battery pack.
I did calibrate the IMU and compasses, plus used DJI Assistant to calibrate the visual position sensors.

Interesting. Was that with the full .1000 package? I have two stock Mavics here with 4.1000, but .700 flight control/NFZ and they hover solidly, as in you could walk away and leave them for the duration of the battery pack.
I did calibrate the IMU and compasses, plus used DJI Assistant to calibrate the visual position sensors.

yes i tried both 03.1000 and 04.0000 all of them not as solid as .0700 hover. And i did that with the same version of RC. And also .0700 has lower RPM on new low noise props compared to two latest FW..

Hovering.
.0700 around 480-490 rpm
.1000 around 510-520 rpm
.04.0000 around 500 rpm

Thats my observation based on controller display.

Are you talking about hovering? That's odd. Should be the same. You testing indoors? Any breeze will affect the results.

Are you talking about hovering? That's odd. Should be the same. You testing indoors? Any breeze will affect the results.
No, i was hovering outside. maybe 20-30 metres high. the wind was calm to no wind here since i did it on dry season. Well thats what i got, i'am confused too why it is different.. o_O

To compare you need to check pitch and roll, or use ATTI mode. Even the slightest air current will improve lift.

bdeec6aaecaeb5e99798e4c6216ab7a7.png
I already bought these antennas because there are linear so I will see what kind of range I get with these before I get the circular
What brand this from?

Reactions: Ciganoboxer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom