DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Antenna mods

I upgraded to the 4Hawks XR with Sunhams 3W boosters, which is really the same as the MaxUAV panel for phantom series. Works even better than my RexUAV. It's a little bit on the big/heavy side but I can still hold controller with my ipad mini. If I use a larger tablet and tablet holder, it's too heavy.

I should add, I have tried the smaller MaxUAV panel and that one was not nearly as good as my RexUAV; however I may have gotten a bad panel. Others are having good success with it. Mine never worked right even with boosters.
I'll have to look up that you tube on bumping up the stock controller You were talking about. I'm get to 47k stock but know there is not much left. I have a clean install kit ordered from Jake and picked up a second controller to do the mod on.

If you do some searching on Youtube you can find a tutorial on how to configure DJI Go to force 1.5W boosted output on the stock controller. I just flew over 51,000ft out today with stock controller and this boosted mode in a Suburban area. I also have a boosted controller, but it is nice having a stock setup that has enough power to get out far.
Cyber was that video from digdata?

Can someone tell me what type of antenna is it ? I've been searching for a long time on the internet and I can not find it I just know it is 2.4-2.5Ghz
looks like patch antenna but the elements are weird!

View attachment 29243
this is nothing more than a fancy dipole array, it may have some gain over a single dipole, but, you would have to put it on a antenna test range to realy find that out ...
these manufacturers do all sorts of etching techniques to make you think your getting more than your paying for ....
if your looking for real gain antennas, you need to be looking at, co-linear, yagi, dish, and even can antennas, which by the way are very easy to build, just google wifi can antenna or just plane can antenna, and make sure they specify the design is for 2.4 ghz

madmax

this is nothing more than a fancy dipole array, it may have some gain over a single dipole, but, you would have to put it on a antenna test range to realy find that out ...
these manufacturers do all sorts of etching techniques to make you think your getting more than your paying for ....
if your looking for real gain antennas, you need to be looking at, co-linear, yagi, dish, and even can antennas, which by the way are very easy to build, just google wifi can antenna or just plane can antenna, and make sure they specify the design is for 2.4 ghz

madmax
Thank you for your reply,ok nice. The antennas are from ALIENTECH booster i'm disappointed.

I'm not Cyber, but i can answer that question: It's digdat0.
I guess my next question should be can it be reversed ? SO you can set the drone back to stock setting?
and dsd317 thank you for your answer.

I guess my next question should be can it be reversed ? SO you can set the drone back to stock setting?
and dsd317 thank you for your answer.

I haven't reverted back just yet, so I can't say for sure....but I think it is. If you asking specifically regarding the remote...then I think all you have to do is uninstall then re-install the go4 app.

I haven't reverted back just yet, so I can't say for sure....but I think it is. If you asking specifically regarding the remote...then I think all you have to do is uninstall then re-install the go4 app.
I need to watch the temperatures. In the winter I should be ok. but in the spring and summer I would need to revert back to stock.

Did first flight with the mod file, not very happy. It looks like it was sucking the battery faster on the drone and at 25k the camera started going nuts and shut off. the drone did a 90 degree turn ( like a motor fault), I did not get any errors. I'll try again with a different battery ( the battery I used only 13 charges). here is the airdata of the flight. Signal was a lot straighter for sure but at what cost.
Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Last edited:
Did first flight with the mod file, not very happy. It looks like it was sucking the battery faster on the drone and at 25k the camera started going nuts and shut off. the drone did a 90 degree turn ( like a motor fault), I did not get any errors. I'll try again with a different battery ( the battery I used only 13 charges). here is the airdata of the flight. Signal was a lot straighter for sure but at what cost.
Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones
One weak cell?

Reactions: Phxbird57

madmax
I decided to buy a jagi Super 7 Element Yagi Antennen Tracker SMA Stecker FPV Video 2,4GHz 25cm Kabel | eBay
your opinion for this antenna

Yagi, isn’t typically the preferred antenna.

Assuming your looking for range and not better signal in close proximity?

Of course long distance,this is my plan i would use these boosters 4 Watt Wifi drahtlose Breitbandverstärker Router 2,4 GHz Power Range Signal Booster Kostenloser Versand in 4 Watt Wifi drahtlose Breitbandverstärker Router 2,4 GHz Power Range Signal Booster Kostenloser Versand aus Signal-verstärker auf AliExpress.com | Alibaba Group I bought ALIENTECH Antenna booster I was really disappointed. What's interesting he uses the same 4W boosters 3.JPG (link). The thermal effect between the aluminum plate and the boosters is very bad,they glue thermal sensors whit silicone simple horror. So I'm going to modify it all give him a little dignity isolate amplifiers from each other put thermal pads between aluminium plate and boosters and use nylon screws and of course use a real thermal pasty XD remove the internal antennas 2.JPG ! oh yeah the antennas are the same as Gsky 7dBi Panel 1.PNG XD totally ****, make the SMA outputs and connect two yagi antennas Super 7 Element Yagi Antennen Tracker SMA Winkelstecker FPV Video 2,4GHz 25cm Ka | eBay

Last edited:
47D53167-CBB4-4463-BA94-E783E38EF93F.jpeg This is my latest antenna mod it has proved to be the best so far
Combination of panel and yagi at the same time 8 watt amps 16 dbi yagi And 14dbi flat panels
No signals errors at all, 0, at a very long VLOS ;) I have tried many others and none have compared
Powering with my spare protechs one for each amp they will run forever

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memotec