DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Antenna mods

Very cool! If anything is worth doing, its worth over doing!!

But you need to explain to me your thought process on cabling both the yagi and panels together. That is a technique I am not familiar with.

Well, I’m not a radio tech, but through process of testing most everything flying the same path through the mountains I have had the least, in fact most always 0 signal errors in my flying pattern. At very long VLOS
With this combination, I’m only quessing that it could be the yagi is carrying the signal out the best and the panel is receiving the signal back the best. It also opens the width of the signal some. I have had good success with other amped panel and Omni directional antennas in these mountains. But needed more so this is when I started experimenting with this system. So far it does better than anything I have tried. But if someone want to send me one to test I will gladly do it! it does marginally help the knife edge effect of slipping behind the mountains, but I always watch the video signal if it drops by one bar I correct my path. And in doing that I have always maintained full bars on the RC signal

i just bought the Titan Atlas antenna and got my RC Modded

Sorry.. this is my first post, but I couldn´t resist:
This thing looks like a flux capacitor.. It MUST be good!

I was making up some mounts for my controller to hook up different antenna's that I have from the P3 days. I did try the Itelite DBS Phantom panel It did not help at all made it worse. Which a few of you guy said that. So I am going to try my Mini Me antenna (AKA Cisco). and then up to the Desert Strom ((AKA CCP (aka cheap china's Panels)). 20180201_093054.jpg 20180201_093102.jpg 20180201_093113.jpg 20180201_093106.jpg
2 screws and I can interchange the antenna's

Reactions: beanbubba
I would be interested in how those desert storm ones do I have the same set I have not tried yet, are you going to try them not amplified?

Maybe you will make all way to the Sierra wilderness mountains

Maybe a bit far 18 miles one way, lone butte ranch is in range possibly @10miles one way
Good luck

Last edited:
Maybe you will make all way to the Sierra wilderness mountains

Maybe a bit far 18 miles one way, lone butt ranch is in range possibly @10miles one way
Good luck

Mavic has a hard limit of 59K feet due to firmware bug in controller. Otherwise he probably would.

That’s a long way off from your normal spot on Willis, that’s no mans land!

87601874-B94F-4ADB-8665-E6CE11C96C37.jpeg Gas pipeline road over a 10mile straight stretch there...... prime Yagi testing area

Last edited:
Reactions: lolo780
bv7pFFH.png

Liehuo 14dbi panel straight out of the box. I connected it to the left side port of my MaxxUAV Evolite, and left the Nanosync on the right side port. Home point is elevated ~100m.

The Nanosync will also give good signal at the distance limit, but the ccp is about 1 bar more HD. Didn't notice any difference on RC.
Omg, might use same thing but with 8w boosters

Reactions: lolo780
C491E747-9497-4050-9D91-47C20D74593E.png I flew out to 36K the other day after assembly, signal errors we not as good as my 8W but certainly acceptable
The elevation is high because I’m flying up the mountain

I did what you did and crammed it into a smaller package. This unit has similar coverage characteristics as the Alientech. Using it on my Spark.
I like what you did here. How much did all the parts cost and what type of antennas are this?

I’m thinking about doing the same thing but In slimmer form factor by using 4w amplifiers from aliexpress that are circuit boards.

I like what you did here. How much did all the parts cost and what type of antennas are this?

I’m thinking about doing the same thing but In slimmer form factor by using 4w amplifiers from aliexpress that are circuit boards.

The antennas
Alfa-APA-M25-2-4-5-GHz-dual-band-Wi-Fi-directional-10-dBi-panel-antenna-802-11ac $17.74 Ebay.
I popped open the case and removed the board. Used low loss feed-line and SMA connectors. Made a reflector plate out of sheet aluminum. Space the antenna .5" from plate. Use nylon spacers to reduce antenna interaction.

Used Alientech feeders, cable and SMA thumbnuts.

Enclosure:
173-BK: Serpac Electronic Enclosures : 6.88 LENGTH MODEL 173 ENCLOSURE : Electronic Design

Boosters X2. Also the battery came from rexuav. I had to remove the battery from it's case. Reused the switch and LED&cables. Added charging port.
REXUAV | HOME

Mount is a cheap shorty camera mount from Ebay. Made the feeder mount out of 1/8" acrylic. You can use your own imagination on this. A 3D printer would be nice. Depending on what you pay for each item, I have around $150 and my time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998