DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Antenna mods

On the mavic pro made worse air might be different.

On the mavic pro made worse air might be different.
Oh really, made it worse? that seems weird. Seen some videos on Youtube where people get around 1000ft/3km range with the spark with perfect Connection with these boosters. And that is using the same "extended wifi" as the Air is. So it should improve the quality of the Connection. Might just have to order and try it out! :D

indeed they are. So will prolly order them and see how it works :)
I have one of those for my Air and depending on your location you might get 10-20% increase in range. If your looking for over 50% increase I recommend boosted Titan antenna. They also have an antenna coming out that will attach to the Mavic Air itself and between the two you will get a great improvement.

I have one of those for my Air and depending on your location you might get 10-20% increase in range. If your looking for over 50% increase I recommend boosted Titan antenna. They also have an antenna coming out that will attach to the Mavic Air itself and between the two you will get a great improvement.
Any way you can link this titan antenna and some info about the antenna for the drone itself? would be much apreciated :)

Any way you can link this titan antenna and some info about the antenna for the drone itself? would be much apreciated :)
Here’s the website Titan Drones, Inc.

There are few threads on the Titan antennas here that will give you an idea on performance however performance is always going to depend on your environment. I was able to get about 400ft more with windsurfer antenna you mentioned and around 3000ft with the cyclone but that’s in residential environment and I haven’t tested in open field which I believe it will perform much better. The Titan atlas is also a good choice. If your thinking about modding your controller to use one of those systems I recommend calling the guys at Titan drones as they are very helpful and they will point you at the right direction. If your thinking about doing something that’s not boosted there are threads and videos on the 4hawk antenna which appears to perform well and light weight.

Here’s the website Titan Drones, Inc.

There are few threads on the Titan antennas here that will give you an idea on performance however performance is always going to depend on your environment. I was able to get about 400ft more with windsurfer antenna you mentioned and around 3000ft with the cyclone but that’s in residential environment and I haven’t tested in open field which I believe it will perform much better. The Titan atlas is also a good choice. If your thinking about modding your controller to use one of those systems I recommend calling the guys at Titan drones as they are very helpful and they will point you at the right direction. If your thinking about doing something that’s not boosted there are threads and videos on the 4hawk antenna which appears to perform well and light weight.

Thanks for the fast and good answer. this was a Little bigger operation then I was looking for at this Point. I've only had the drone for a few Days so not looking for any sort of mods containing opening the controller and such. Will try the cheap extender that is on it's way from Ali Express now and see if that works. All I really want is a smoother videolink when going in city areas around 3-400 meters. Not comfortable with flying further then that yet! But the 4hawks antennas looks good if the time comes when that will be of interest! :)

Drone World’s stuff is overpriced. I do not know from personal experience but I have heard that they do not perform as well his son companies helical antennas. If you’re looking for a good Helical antenna look at REXUAV, FPVLR and FPVcustoms.LLC. I have the PURE SILVER 2.4 Ghz long range Circular Polarized Helical antenna from REXUAV.

But if you plan on spending $250 I would go with the amplified antenna like the Titans cyclone.

Drone World’s stuff is overpriced. I do not know from personal experience but I have heard that they do not perform as well his son companies helical antennas. If you’re looking for a good Helical antenna look at REXUAV, FPVLR and FPVcustoms.LLC. I have the PURE SILVER 2.4 Ghz long range Circular Polarized Helical antenna from REXUAV.

But if you plan on spending $250 I would go with the amplified antenna like the Titans cyclone.
Listen to this guy ^ he knows what he is talking about, rexuav SOOOOOO much better for almost 1/3 price.

Reactions: SkyNinja
Reactions: Will042082
Of course long distance,this is my plan i would use these boosters 4 Watt Wifi drahtlose Breitbandverstärker Router 2,4 GHz Power Range Signal Booster Kostenloser Versand in 4 Watt Wifi drahtlose Breitbandverstärker Router 2,4 GHz Power Range Signal Booster Kostenloser Versand aus Signal-verstärker auf AliExpress.com | Alibaba Group I bought ALIENTECH Antenna booster I was really disappointed. What's interesting he uses the same 4W boosters View attachment 29643 (link). The thermal effect between the aluminum plate and the boosters is very bad,they glue thermal sensors whit silicone simple horror. So I'm going to modify it all give him a little dignity isolate amplifiers from each other put thermal pads between aluminium plate and boosters and use nylon screws and of course use a real thermal pasty XD remove the internal antennas View attachment 29642 ! oh yeah the antennas are the same as Gsky 7dBi Panel View attachment 29641 XD totally ****, make the SMA outputs and connect two yagi antennas Super 7 Element Yagi Antennen Tracker SMA Winkelstecker FPV Video 2,4GHz 25cm Ka | eBay

I hope I can see your post sooner :(

Hello folks,

Attached are the range numbers and a screen shot of my Mavic Pro Platinum fitted with Droneworlds MaXX Mod. I flew from my driveway and I live in Las Vegas Nevada. The 1st 2 miles have significant Signal interference on my stock RC. On the MaXX RC I only hit one patch of interference approximately 6k feet out and the rest was smooth sailing with 3-4 bars on the RC signal and the Video signal.

I bought/returned a Titan switch and I am awaiting refund. I was getting significant Interference at 6K feet and I could only fly about 12k. I’m not saying the Titan Switch is trash, it is a well built antenna/amplifier just didn’t give me performance I expected in my area, especially for a mod that doubles my “RC/Drone footprint” as a whole.

I also purchased the MaXX mod kit for my Mavic Air but I returned it. I was very disappointed in its performance. I was able to fly my Mavic Air 10k with $8 parabolic booster but the mod only gave me 4K.

Lastly, when in comes to the MaXX Mod in Las Vegas Urban areas:

Mavic Pro = Major Go
Mavic Air = NoGo

Hope this information helps someone thinking about purchasing one of these antennas to use in a similar environment.

IMG_1035.JPGIMG_0083.JPG

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying