DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

any advice for road trip?

On a more helpful note (compared to my joke above, which I hope has not offended anybody), consider looking at these two sites below and search for areas where you may be visiting or traveling through en-route. There is not a lot of info at these, but I keep these bookmarked, as you never know when you may get useful information.

1) This site here is on these forums

2) This site here is organized by state & city.

Hope this helps!
Thank you, these should be very helpful!

I know about AirMap but I didn't know it would do LANNC permission requests, I'll check into it, thanks
I just took another look at AirMap. While does give great and detailed information, getting LANNC authorizations seems convoluted. Kittyhawk is much easier. Get all the information you need from AirMap and then go to Kittyhawk for LAANC.

Reactions: G Randy Brown
I just took another look at AirMap. While does give great and detailed information, getting LANNC authorizations seems convoluted. Kittyhawk is much easier. Get all the information you need from AirMap and then go to Kittyhawk for LAANC.
I use AirMap as my “go to” and never use Kittyhawk.... Works great. So it’s just personal preference.
Of course, once you enter all the info first time on registration, AirMap, like other apps remembers an you never have to enter it again.

Reactions: MA2 317
Good to know, thanks!

I will be doing a 4-5 day road trip from southern New Mexico to the Grand Canyon area and back solely for the purpose of getting footage sometime in May.
I'd like to find all legal interesting places to fly and plan everything in advance as much as I can.
I've looked at B4UFLY but there's not enuf real estate on my tablet...is there an app like this for a desktop PC?
Any advice for the planning stages or suggested spots along the way?
Thanks,
Randy
Can't go wrong flying on BLM property

I've looked at it but still confused about where I'm allowed to fly ?
National Forest - OK
National Park - No To, landing, or operation of the drone... fly over OK, often at or above prescribed altitude... check websites.
State Parks... varies from location to location. Check website.
Cities, etc- check website
Indian Reservation - check with reservation admin.

National Forest - OK
National Park - No To, landing, or operation of the drone... fly over OK, often at or above prescribed altitude... check websites.
State Parks... varies from location to location. Check website.
Cities, etc- check website
Indian Reservation - check with reservation admin.
Thanks!

open up the legend and it will describe all their lands and designations.
If by legend you mean the Layers List with the filters on the right, I don't see anything that tells me where one can/can't fly...I see Recreation Sites but it seems that could include places off limits no?

If by legend you mean the Layers List with the filters on the right, I don't see anything that tells me where one can/can't fly...I see Recreation Sites but it seems that could include places off limits no?
According to our research, drones may be flown on BLM property except for designated wilderness/primitive areas. That said, localized exceptions may be in place, so we strongly recommend contacting the BLM office where you're looking to fly and confirming the area of your flight is not a wilderness area.Apr 20, 2020......From Google!

Reactions: G Randy Brown
According to our research, drones may be flown on BLM property except for designated wilderness/primitive areas. That said, localized exceptions may be in place, so we strongly recommend contacting the BLM office where you're looking to fly and confirming the area of your flight is not a wilderness area.Apr 20, 2020......From Google!
oh okay, thanks will do!

The planning itself will be fun and with all of your help and suggestions I should be able to cram in a whole lotta fun in these 4 days...so thanks again so much guys!

Reactions: shamujoe
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada