DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any Australians recieved contact from CASA?

Lee888

Reactions
Police recently came looking for me. I was directed by them to contact another police officer from the police airwing, he was really nice. He said CASA will be on touch with me. What kind of reception should I expect from casa? Warning??

Reactions: Bandit1 and 4006448
Hmm, sounds like you were reported for something or other, or perhaps some sort of drone tracking system that can pinpoint the drones info etc, and police were tasked to track you down in the first instance.

Or, you might have uploaded a flight to YouTube or similar that went against one or more of CASAs drone rules ?
Again, it would have to be pretty bad to make someone report you if seen.

Yes, most likely unless you did a flight with a huge or serious risk, you will likely get a warning about a flight or flights you may have done.
CASA are generally still at the educational level for errant drone pilots, but after recreational registration comes in (perhaps in a few months if their schedule is right this time), things might hot up as they will know drone pilots know the rules, no excuses for risks.

Reactions: Bandit1 and 4006448
Basically what he said, they've tracked you down, but without knowing the exact source (uploads to youtube/social media without pseudonym, putting your pilot number on the DJI fly app, being caught and identified by an officer, etc) can't really give any advice.

Basically you are flying a drone and thus you are a threat to humanity, expect a fine or a strong enough warning to get you out from the sky to let the corps exploit the <120m peacefully.

I'd deny everything, but in your case, it may be too late for that because you've already engaged with the cops so who knows what you've said to them.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman