DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any experiences Drone fishing with the Drone Skyhook?

I’m not a fisherman but I think my drop mechanism for mavic included instructions on adding a short piece of line with a weight on the end to help keep the line below mavic during flight.

I utilize my mechanism for other things. In Michigan, hunting or fishing with drones is prohibited.
As it should be

Reactions: Colberado
OK guys if this thread looks strange it's because I have did my best to clean it.Any more nonsense just hit that report button and I will fix it ,
ASAP

:)

1) As another poster mentioned, any sizable fish is going to pull your MP under water.

2) You’re going to have no reasonable way to know if anything is testing the hook.

3) Pull the hook straight up would physically pull the hook out of its mouth.

4) Thank for contributing to the laundry list of drone misuse and further subsequent regulations as a result. I honestly can’t believe previous posters haven’t completely outright objected to this moronic idea. And we wonder why we can’t fly in NP’s and protected areas? Funny. I frankly hope you lose your drone.

5) Find something better to do with your time.

1) As another poster mentioned, any sizable fish is going to pull your MP under water.

2) You’re going to have no reasonable way to know if anything is testing the hook.

4) Thank for contributing to the laundry list of drone misuse and further subsequent regulations as a result. I honestly can’t believe previous posters haven’t completely outright objected to this moronic idea. And we wonder why we can’t fly in NP’s and protected areas? Funny. I frankly hope you lose your drone.

Relax!!! Go somewhere else!

facepalm.gif If you guys want to continue with this thread I really
suggest you heed what I said .

Its for carrying the bait out which is attached to a fishing pole- Jesus read the topic before posting your silly rhetoric

OK I believe @Colberado knows that now and enough with the quoting him .
I also just deleted another post . Ya see were this is going don't you .
Thanks
IMG_7921.jpg

Yes the point has been belabered. However, I still stand by what I said and it doesn’t change the scenario by which you’re choosing to use your drone. To each their own. Whether you’re using it to spot fish and drop bait directly on top of them (like I’ve seen on some of the vid you guys posted) or just simply flying line out a couple hundred yards beyond what was previously humanly possible, I still consider it problematic.

Furthermore-As a lifelong fresh and saltwater fly-fishermen I can tell you, once you hook a game fish that far out, it’s going to die while you fight it back in. Now, there are several species of fish, namely the Tarpon, also found in Chesapeake Bay, where that is completely ILLEGAL.

Lastly, to amplify my original point. This is just another example of using drones beyond their intended use. Pushing the limits and boundaries of regulations and people’s patience will only end in worse outcomes and outlooks for drone hobbying. So enjoy your fishing, if that’s what you’d like to call it (please don’t), but don’t come on here complaining about a new law restricting drone access over water when it comes about in relation to this topic. I’ll stick to my own opinion and I’ll duly respect yours, however I will always choose to use my drone for what it is intended for, while respecting the environment and respecting the impression I make on the general public with it. And in terms of fishing, I’ll stick to the old school way that people spend their lives mastering. Have a good day folks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Classic flyer
Yes the point has been belabered. However, I still stand by what I said and it doesn’t change the scenario by which you’re choosing to use your drone. To each their own. Whether you’re using it to spot fish and drop bait directly on top of them (like I’ve seen on some of the vid you guys posted) or just simply flying line out a couple hundred yards beyond what was previously humanly possible, I still consider it problematic.

Furthermore-As a lifelong fresh and saltwater fly-fishermen I can tell you, once you hook a game fish that far out, it’s going to die while you fight it back in. Now, there are several species of fish, namely the Tarpon, also found in Chesapeake Bay, where that is completely ILLEGAL.

Lastly, to amplify my original point. This is just another example of using drones beyond their intended use. Pushing the limits and boundaries of regulations and people’s patience will only end in worse outcomes and outlooks for drone hobbying. So enjoy your fishing, if that’s what you’d like to call it (please don’t), but don’t come on here complaining about a new law restricting drone access over water when it comes about in relation to this topic. I’ll stick to my own opinion and I’ll duly respect yours, however I will always choose to use my drone for what it is intended for, while respecting the environment and respecting the impression I make on the general public with it. And in terms of fishing, I’ll stick to the old school way that people spend their lives mastering. Have a good day folks.
EXTREMELY WELL SAID...

I think the OP is just doing this on porpoise and is now just fishing for compliments.

Etc etc etc...

I say go fishing with the drone. As long as you have DJI care, you're good to go.

Disclaimer: Your claim may be rejected :D

Its for carrying the bait out which is attached to a fishing pole- Jesus read the topic before posting your silly rhetoric
Maybe so but it does just carry bait but the OP made it sound like he was using the drone to HOOK and bring the fish in when he said he didn’t want to “put too much stain on the motors and keep it under a pound”
Maybe he can chime in and clear this up.
I’ve been fishing for 50 years and never known a surf fishermen using a 16 ounce sinker. So I assume he is using it to haul in a 16 ounce fish.

In before the lock down. Hehe

What and close a new members thread after he starts one only to have older members come in and trash it .
What a greeting he got and half the post in this have had to be deleted already .
Shame Shame .
@Birdbirdman I do really apologize for your simple question having turned into this mess and you do come back .
If you want to read more on Drone Fishing you can read in PhantomPilots by going to this as it has been going on for awhile.
Search | DJI Phantom Drone Forum
Not with what you have but you might find something of interest .
It's not always like this and I am going to leave this open but move it to OT for the time being .

(sorry about the link but I believe you can find your way from there by just hitting search)

What and close a new members thread after he starts one only to have older members come in and trash it .
What a greeting he got and half the post in this have had to be deleted already .
Shame Shame .
@Birdbirdman I do really apologize for your simple question having turned into this mess and you do come back .
If you want to read more on Drone Fishing you can read in PhantomPilots by going to this as it has been going on for awhile.
Search | DJI Phantom Drone Forum
Not with what you have but you might find something of interest .
It's not always like this and I am going to leave this open but move it to OT for the time being .

(sorry about the link but I believe you can find your way from there by just hitting search)
Sorry my bad...you are right...I to apologize

Reactions: dirkclod
I don’t think the idea is to fish with the mavic, rather mavic will allow the fisherman to cast a really long way.

Mavic drops the line once it’s away from the shore and the fisherman reels the line back in with a rod/reel.

Yoda senses the force within this one ! Which color lightsaber shall be it ? Loll dude a few posts back almost marbles lost his loll backwards talking not am I. To lighten the mood ey? Lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rocko42