DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any extra accessories needed if get Fly More pack?

Knew it....ha ha such a big plug. Although Apple have an 18W UK charger, which I believe the DJI one is, with folding pins.

It’s a USB-C but can get a USB-C to micro usb maybe this would fit in the case?

e6349386e9832857ba4b6976779b9f10.jpg
The Apple charger is USB PD, DJI is using Qualcomm's proprietary QC3 chargers so you'll need one of those for 18w charge.

The Apple charger is USB PD, DJI is using Qualcomm's proprietary QC3 chargers so you'll need one of those for 18w charge.
Ah ok didn’t realise that just thought a 18W would be an 18W, thanks.

So I presume the charging hub needs QC3 to charge them and it won’t support PD?

Pity, was hoping it would a) fit in bag and b) could use others. The folding pins on the Apple is so much better.

Out of interest do you get decent pics or videos from this on MM?

Do you just take pics/video of city for the lights etc? Any examples? Never done this but suppose I could as there is a field I fly which if I go high I could take pics of town at night.
I have not had the mini in the air at night. Other DJI products, yes.
Location of strobes can effect what the camera does. This one I believe was the mavic2 zoom.EF8BE016-1A48-4C0F-86B2-14847B6E8A5A.jpeg

Ah ok didn’t realise that just thought a 18W would be an 18W, thanks.

So I presume the charging hub needs QC3 to charge them and it won’t support PD?

Pity, was hoping it would a) fit in bag and b) could use others. The folding pins on the Apple is so much better.
Any USB charger will default to the lowest common denominator which is 5v at around 2A, which yields 10w.
QC 3 achieves higher wattage by negotiating higher voltage: 9, 12 or 20v. Negotiation between charger and device is accomplished by small voltages placed on the USB data lines by the device.
Mini gets 18w using 12v @ 1.5a. Note that the current draw is not linear since lipo/liIon charging specs vary volts/current at different stages of the charge cycle.

Hi,I use landing gear extenders a lot and of course ND filters,if you're using a tablet get a dedicated holder with a neck strap.good luck.

What about a landing pad? Does anyone use these? What diameter would you need for MM?

Would it lie on inside of flymore case?
I bought a 75mm landing pad. In the last 7 weeks I used 2 times. One time just for testing on my drive way. The second time was taking off from a place covered by 2 inches of snow.
The landing pad worked great on snow.
I put it beside my drone suitcase but only bring it with me if there is a need. Most of time I don’t need it.

I bought a 75mm landing pad. In the last 7 weeks I used 2 times. One time just for testing on my drive way. The second time was taking off from a place covered by 2 inches of snow.
The landing pad worked great on snow.
I put it beside my drone suitcase but only bring it with me if there is a need. Most of time I don’t need it.

Just from pictures the MM back doesn’t really seem to have any legs and the body is so close to the ground.

I’m thinking if taking off on grass, or even a path then most have debris that could get sucked into or damage the body?

I went with a Hoodman landing pad. 2 foot diameter, that has a weighted rim to help hold the pad down. It weights 1.5lbs and fits in my drone backpack...so I bring it along on every trip. They have a range of sizes, but the weight gets pretty significant from the 3 foot (3.2lbs), 5 foot (8lbs), and 8 foot (31lbs). If you're planning a backyard drone party, definitely go for the 8' version..!
61QUflCoyIL.jpg

1465918580_1258543.jpg

1465918318_IMG_642371.jpg

What about a landing pad? Does anyone use these? What diameter would you need for MM?

I use a photography folding reflector panel. Double duty!

I use a photography folding reflector panel. Double duty!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure