DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any Mavic owners who've bought a Tello? Worth it?

TrayBoz

Reactions
Are there any Mavic owners out there who bought the $99 and enjoy it? Is it worth $99 for this little "toy" drone or good "indoor drone" ?

It looks like it might be fun, but I'm afraid I might be easily bored by it after flying a Mavic Pro for the past 1.5 years.

Thoughts?

Reactions: Former Member
I see no need in going backwards. Want something fun to fly You should really buy the inspire you won’t be bored there.

Are there any Mavic owners out there who bought the $99 and enjoy it? Is it worth $99 for this little "toy" drone or good "indoor drone" ?

It looks like it might be fun, but I'm afraid I might be easily bored by it after flying a Mavic Pro for the past 1.5 years.

I bought one to send to my son who lives in another state. I would not use it with just the mobile phone as controller. I need physical sticks for that tactile feedback. I bought a GameVice ($79) to go with my iPhone as a controller and it works great that way. So I played with it before I shipped it to my son. Liked it and bought one for myself, although I bought a GameSir T1D ($29) instead of the GameVice. It fills a niche for me to fly in and around my house, where my Mavic Pro or Spark are just a bit too much. However, it is a peppy little drone for indoors and really takes off, so a word of caution. I broke a propeller on my first indoor flight. Range is pretty limited, though.

Reactions: Former Member
I see no need in going backwards. Want something fun to fly You should really buy the inspire you won’t be bored there.
LOL, My poor Inspire doesn't get much air time these days. The Mavic's are way too convenient, I don't need to empty the trunk in the Mustang to take them with me LOL.

I like using mine inside steel structures and warehouse buildings. No worries with compass issues.
I also like programming special missions for it as well. That is what keeps you from being bored. I fly from my Mac Book. For a Drone collector like myself, It's a no brainer for $99.00.:D

Edit: Not to mention. The images and video from the Tello are actually very usable for 720 HD.
The Drone Pilots Forum Network also provides the DJI Tello Drone Forum.
Check out what's going on with owning a Tello. Lot's of good info there.

Last edited:
I fly it more than I do anything.
Like your Avatar! Reminds me of my Blue Bird!
bluebird2.jpg

Thoughts?

Yes, I got one just for learning mostly about Bluetooth control.
I have a couple of Mavics and they have similar behavior to one another. Quirks sorta add character.
Regarding Telo…
Ok and stable inside and it stays where it is put.
Video essentially worthless.
Flips and rolls are fun for about 30 seconds.
I don't think I "wasted" $100" but...
Range outside is very short before you are out of range.
Learning value may be its greatest attraction.
I say 'save' your money and get yourself another( #2) refurbished Mavic or other RC range Drone. (available at around $650) check Ebay for auctions or Drone Nerds for a refurbished...fit-for-outside with good video.. My refurb works as well as a new Mavic.....so far.
Thanks for Ask'in.

7a55119239a360003dc63fcadcdbfcfc.jpg

Here is a photo from my Tello, I think it’s pretty darn good for a $99 drone. I caught one on sale for my grandson with 3 batteries charging station for I think $110 from Amazon.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98