DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any Mavic pilots in Minneapolis ?

This is located in Jessenland township of Sibley county. It's along Sibley county road 6 also known as the Scenic Byway between Blakeley and Henderson. If you travel south on US 169, a few miles past the big yellow candy store between Jordan and Belle Plaine. Go past Belle Plaine then watch for the sign directing you to Blakeley, a right turn, that will take you into Blakeley, a town of less than 100 people, cross the river, then turn left at the first crossroad past the river, 2 to 3 miles and you will be there. As a side note, my parents are buried in the cemetery there. I shot the video with my Mavic Air with an ND4CPL filter.
I am almost there for miles out it’s a beautiful area I know it’s a little but not much

I am almost there for miles out it’s a beautiful area I know it’s a little but not much
Just got back from the church and area shop for some great video I will have to edit it and post it For you. Was wondering if you could give me the details on that church so I could give it some proper titles almost hit a small branch behind the church

Just got back from the church and area shop for some great video I will have to edit it and post it For you. Was wondering if you could give me the details on that church so I could give it some proper titles almost hit a small branch behind the church
Thank you for showing me a great place to do drone footage they are kind of hard to come by in the city

The church is St Thomas, Catholic church. It was the center of the first Irish settlement in the Minnesota territory, the present building was built in the 1870's. They have a Facebook presence here: https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=oratory of st thomas the apostle - jessenland
There is some great scenery in that area, if you take highway 25 north out of Belle Plaine, then the first left at the bottom of the hill, you'll be on the Scenic Byway. From where you turn off there is some great viewing and video opportunities from there to Henderson which itself holds some great sights, the entire Mainstreet is a designated historic site. An early Tuesday evening trip to Henderson is a must in the summer time, they have a classic car roll in that must be seen.
Fall colors along the Scenic Byway often rivals New England with the variety of trees along the valley. Oh yes, don't be surprised if you see eagles in the area, they're becoming almost common there. Enjoy some great flying, I'm looking forward to seeing your results.

This is located in Jessenland township of Sibley county. It's along Sibley county road 6 also known as the Scenic Byway between Blakeley and Henderson. If you travel south on US 169, a few miles past the big yellow candy store between Jordan and Belle Plaine. Go past Belle Plaine then watch for the sign directing you to Blakeley, a right turn, that will take you into Blakeley, a town of less than 100 people, cross the river, then turn left at the first crossroad past the river, 2 to 3 miles and you will be there. As a side note, my parents are buried in the cemetery there. I shot the video with my Mavic Air with an ND4CPL filter.
My grandparents are buried in the cemetery behind the church. I remember going there as a kid (55 - 60 years ago). Lovely area. I need to take a trip down there some time and bring my MP.

I live in the southwest suburbs, Belle Plaine. I have a Mavic Air, there is some pretty good flying spots in the area here. There are no restricted areas near here, the closest airport is Flying Cloud and we are well beyond the 5 mile radius.

Flying Cloud may be the closest towered airport, How close are you to the Belle Plain airport?

I like in New Brighton and new to owning a drone. The weather this weekend isn't cooperating with getting outside to play with my new toy.
I live in Minneapolis and I feel your pain

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143