DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

any one from the east midlands

Mel 08

Reactions
would love to meet fellow enthusiasts in and around my area,

cheers mel

I'm in Leicester, well south Leicestershire.
Pleased to meet you!

Reactions: Mel 08
I just joined yesterday in Nottingham with a mav 2 pro real newbie so far I read the manual and am waiting for some decent weather to try out the drone

would love to meet fellow enthusiasts in and around my area,

cheers mel
Leicester Drone Club meets in the grounds of "The Gate Hangs Well" pub on the Fosse Way, Syston, North of Leicester, every Sunday 3pm -5pm. £2/session. Access to toilets, drinks etc. Nice site over farmland, nearby river and lake belonging to the Syston Sailing Club. Contact Chris 0116 2677454.

Reactions: irpnetgb and Mel 08
For myself until covid-19 struck, I'd journey by bus up to Thurmaston where Chris Smith of Leiceter Drones would pick me up to drive the final mile or so to where his club flies at the Gate Hangs Well pub on the Fosse Way every Sunday afternoon, as I no longer drive since a minor stroke 10 years ago. Good place to practice but coronavirus restrictions rule that out for the time being. Drone flying not my main hobby, scuba diving is, but like to take my drone to diving locations to add aerial footage to my underwater stuff in places I've visited in the past few years like Indonesia, New Guinea, Palau and South Africa.
What sort of places have you flown?

What sort of places have you flown?
Go all over
A nice place close to home is willington cooling towers
Breedon on the hill
Cloud quarry
Looking at YouTube alot at urban exploring
Got a few places in mind

Go all over
A nice place close to home is willington cooling towers
Breedon on the hill
Cloud quarry
Looking at YouTube alot at urban exploring
Got a few places in mind

Wicked. Is breed on ok with proximity to EMA? Would love to get footage of plans landing from a safe distance.

I just joined yesterday in Nottingham with a mav 2 pro real newbie so far I read the manual and am waiting for some decent weather to try out the drone
I used to live in West Bridgeford part time just to be near the City Ground and Trent Bridge !
I’m now for the time being Newark way.

I used to live in West Bridgeford part time just to be near the City Ground and Trent Bridge !
I’m now for the time being Newark way.

Very close to me in Gamston until I moved to Sydney. Currently in Woodthorpe for the next few weeks before heading down under.

Wicked. Is breed on ok with proximity to EMA? Would love to get footage of plans landing from a safe distance.

According to NATS, Breedon on the Hill is within a Flight Restricted Zone. It sits just outside the extended EMA controlled space but I wouldn’t fly there without contacting EMA ATC EMA.

0744a6c1aadde361e6a1f5faf48f57a3.jpg

Breedon is in fact outside the 5km geofence around the airport.
Just
Thus no restrictions or permissions needed.
Have checked this with airport as has others I've met flying there
It's a very popular place
Been there quite a few times and all but twice have had company with fellow pilots
The police put in an appearance every now and then and they have no problem with drones being flown as long as you stick to the rules

Reactions: DamoCool
Breedon is in fact outside the 5km geofence around the airport.
Just
Thus no restrictions or permissions needed.
Have checked this with airport as has others I've met flying there
It's a very popular place
Been there quite a few times and all but twice have had company with fellow pilots
The police put in an appearance every now and then and they have no problem with drones being flown as long as you stick to the rules

I’m going here this week. Whereabouts did you take off from?

Park outside the church
Just be courteous to folk walking past and cycling it can get quite busy
When you going?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gplunk99