DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any options for lithium-ion batteries?

johnwong

Reactions
Are there any options for lithium-ion batteries for the Mavic Mini 2? I realize the run time will be significantly shorter than with lithium polymer but it would be kind of nice to have a quadcopter on hot standby ready to send up when something interesting is going on, instead of having to wait while a battery charges up.

DJI has no options. There are some 3rd party batteries available (like these), but they are all LiPo batteries.

A search would have provided you "a" answer. Mini 1 batteries work well if your not a Sport mode flyer.

Mfgrs like DJI love proprietary batteries, which they make proprietary with software, since software can be copyrighted. It's the price we pay for our hobby, unfortunately.

Note that you won't find any third party batteries for sale in the USA, because it takes software copyrights seriously. AliExpress, being China based, works under different rules. In theory, IIRC, infringing batteries could be impounded on import, but I suspect it rarely happens. Instead, we just put our drones at risk...

Get yourself some Mavic Mini batteries, they provide same flight time as Mini 2 batteries, are Lithium-ion and don't discharge themselves. I have 3 of them in my mix of Mini 2 batteries and cannot tell any difference in 'wind resistance' nor 'sport mode' performance. They are slightly heavier though than the Mini 2 batteries and can be charged in Mini 2 hub or in drone itself.

Get yourself some Mavic Mini batteries, they provide same flight time as Mini 2 batteries, are Lithium-ion and don't discharge themselves
While they don't auto discharge, here's what DJI recommends in the Mavic Mini manual:

"If the battery will not be used for more than 10 days, it is recommended to discharge the battery manually until the battery level is between 39% and 75%."

While they don't auto discharge, here's what DJI recommends in the Mavic Mini manual:

"If the battery will not be used for more than 10 days, it is recommended to discharge the battery manually until the battery level is between 39% and 75%."
The Mini batteries afford me the option of keeping them at full charge on backpack hikes away from the power grid, usually lasting about 6 days.

Thanks for this tip! I am going to add one or two to my bag for the same reasons as others. Often I have a spur of the moment flight come up to run into self discharged batteries. Slightly OT, but is there also a LiOn battery for the Air2?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121