DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any other app but FLY for the Mini 2?

MiniBomber

Reactions
Does any other app fly the Mini 2? Maven and Litchi don't support the Mini 2. I don't really have a problem using the FLY app, just like to see if something else works...

My understanding is that there can't be any other app until DJI releases the SDK for the Mini 2. Also needed for the Air 2S and the Mavic 3. And presumably it takes developers some time to support their apps after the SDK is released (although I suppose they might get beta code so they get a head start).

Yeah I've done one. Mostly focused on gps followme missions and 3d-mapping. You can check my other post.

Originally I planned to do a proper release, but then DJI said it will be a sdk for mini2. But we havn't seen one yet, so I might reconsider. Interest seemed kind of lame for it. And I got a well paid job that took my focus from drone programming (sadly).

I know one other guy who made one mini2 app for rosetta-drone, I don't know if he ever released it. I got a version that worked. The hardest thing to hack was the livefeed. I kind of got it stable in the end.

So there probably plenty off people doing apps, but they don't hangs around here where everyone shouts impossible as soon as you try something new.
And its very hard to get payed for a not well known app name. Because it takes a lot of time so you need it.

It's very easy to hack the sdk, I think other developers don't dare to do it because they are afraid of loosing their dev license. But this have change as well since dji made the license free, it opens up for more opensource solutions, where each user uses their own app-key.

Heres on example, the mini2 struggles in the wind when in virtualstick mode, so something has to be done with that.

So you have another app that will fly the Mini? What other features do you have not on the FLY app?

So you have another app that will fly the Mini? What other features do you have not on the FLY app?
It's more of a prototype. It's not target specific for mini2, but that drone is very good for use in testing, since it so inexpensive and light. Sadly it got stolen on Cape Verde last month, so now I'm using my dji fpv drone instead. I try to adapt the followme for that as well. I have to buy a new one though

I mostly focused on the followme thing, you can check my youtube channel and my old posts.

I started to do a rewrite of the whole thing now, and that will take a while :)
I havn't used the fly app for a while, so I don't now all the new features.

This is what I'm going to port to my new app:
* Followme, remote start, delayed start, gimbal only follow, gps tracker
* windmeter
* Mission for 3d-mapping
* Goto save position/gimbal start shooting
* Cruisecontrol flightmode, cinematic mode
* Ground follow
* Dynamic homepoint ETOPS
* Gimbal in free mode (probably the most groundbreaking thing)
* More telemetry OSD, like lat/lon battery info, power drain rpm.
* 10m/s desc/asc, speedlimit removed
* DJI parameter access from app (used for many hacks)
* OpenCV python api
* Git (updates, switch branches)
* Automation with python scripting
* Autostart (start desired function at boot)
* Fault tolerant
* Web server
Control everything including liveview
IDE for python scipts
Use tools for nice live web presentation, like dash/flask...
Dataflow programming with litegraph.js (this is the whole idea with the app)

Reactions: xLorak and Facherty
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claude72