DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any owners out there from Vancouver bc...

The biggest issue is whether Bestbuy can deliver Mavic in January....as they have promised:) What's everyone's experience in the buying process?

Reactions: 604Pilot
The biggest issue is whether Bestbuy can deliver Mavic in January....as they have promised:) What's everyone's experience in the buying process?

I personally bought it straight from DJI when it was announced and was in the first batch.

Reactions: 604Pilot
It is one of those guideline things. There are lots of youtube videos flying all over Vancouver, Mavic is especially suited for this task. Bottom line, exercise good common sense, don't raise attention or complaints, and avoid endangerment to others.

Reactions: Kai Mele
I personally bought it straight from DJI when it was announced and was in the first batch.
Sounds like you ordered it in September and got it in September. I feel sorry for people in line who have ordered in the last month. 3 weeks ago, London drugs claimed they will receive 400 of them nationwide without knowing how many will be shipped to Vancouver. Furthermore, my friend placed order at Best buy a week ago with shipping date on begins on Jan 2th, 2017, BUT this week Bestbuy just pushed shipping date out to 1/31/2017. Sounds like Apple store may be the best way to go at the moment.

Reactions: Hans Nieuwenhuis
I actually received it late October as the company missed its initial release deadline of October 15th for everyone I believe.

I'd be open a group flight. Always looking for good places to fly and get footage too.

Name a place and a convenient time, I will show up with my Phantom (Mavic is an acquisition illusion at the moment). Does everyone live in Vancouver, Burnaby, or Richmond. Depends on how far you want to go, I can easily find suitable places.

Sounds like you ordered it in September and got it in September. I feel sorry for people in line who have ordered in the last month. 3 weeks ago, London drugs claimed they will receive 400 of them nationwide without knowing how many will be shipped to Vancouver. Furthermore, my friend placed order at Best buy a week ago with shipping date on begins on Jan 2th, 2017, BUT this week Bestbuy just pushed shipping date out to 1/31/2017. Sounds like Apple store may be the best way to go at the moment.
Pre-ordered mine yesterday on the Best Buy's website. Expected delivery date was January 16th. That's what it show in my order confirmation. But now when i go check on their website it says Sold Out. And btw Apple Store will have Mavic's only in March, according to their website.

Name a place and a convenient time, I will show up with my Phantom (Mavic is an acquisition illusion at the moment). Does everyone live in Vancouver, Burnaby, or Richmond. Depends on how far you want to go, I can easily find suitable places.

I am within the Vancouver/Burnaby area personally. I am still relatively new so you probably know more places to fly. I have been mostly using it in places like the fields at deer lake and used it at like end of hikes whenever there is a good area to do so.

Reactions: Walnawk
How about Renfrew community center, this coming Sunday around 1130 a.m.? There is a empty soccer field there, while you can see the town of Burnaby and Vancouver from afar. Everyone is invited of course.

Lets shoot for Sunday noon. There is a soccer field there. I will be in the middle of that with a backpack. I will check this thread tomorrow night around 12pm, if I don't get any cancellation messages, will see you at 12 in the middle of the field.

Of course, everyone here with or without a drone is welcome. It will be helpful to see things in action and exchange some knowledge. Plus get to know a few more people :)

Last edited:
Any owners out there from Vancouver?. Wondering about flight laws in and around coal harbour/downtown area.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
To my knowledge the whole area there is supposed to be off limits unless you have like a permit and such to fly it.
Pre-ordered mine yesterday on the Best Buy's website. Expected delivery date was January 16th. That's what it show in my order confirmation. But now when i go check on their website it says Sold Out. And btw Apple Store will have Mavic's only in March, according to their website.

Join us on Sunday....? You are invited.

Im the same. It still says released on Jan 15.
83255b8069120a19a1922ffcb06de456.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lets shoot for Sunday noon. There is a soccer field there. I will be in the middle of that with a backpack. I will check this thread tomorrow night around 12pm, if I don't get any cancellation messages, will see you at 12 in the middle of the field.

Of course, everyone here with or without a drone is welcome. It will be helpful to see things in action and exchange some knowledge. Plus get to know a few more people :)

Our group fly will be cancelled on Sunday 12pm. The area is piled with snow, not ideal driving at all. We will meet another time when there is no snow :)

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54